• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GeForce Titan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
So these are the new stop gap cards before the true new high end ones?, thought it was looking like another Mars card.. I really don't see the point. They charge a bomb and it's not like they are significantly better, just a little bit.

Permabanned
What questions you ask have been listed in the rumours that have been linked. Nobody knows the specs yet. I never rage at anyone or pull anything. You seen to be a little paranoid.

You need to chillax a little and just read what people post and this will save you asking daft questions.

@Bacon,

I loved the Goodies when I was a youngun :D

I am relaxed mate, i go OT? you have been talking about your age and old computers in 2 threads and i go OT? You kidding right? :\

I dont care for limited edition either but it means it should hold its value a bit more so easier to upgrade when the "real" 780 comes out.

I agree chaos, but some people just wanna be the best of the best and think they are, no names but im sure he drives an A8? LOL

Soldato
Just been reading more and more about these cards and the more I read the more I think that there are going to aimed at people who game and use cuda and other compute applications. Gaming performance will increase of course, how much? who knows!! But compute performance will take a huge leap over the the 680.

This is my prediction for Titan :) That it's more about bringing serious GPGPU power to the home market than out and out gaming.

Permabanned
Not another one :confused:

The mainstream cards have been very successfully with cut down kepler cores, so refreshes will normally be usual 10~15 % improvements.
Titan is an opportunity to possibly have an almost full fat version of a K20 card which may yield 65% boost over the 680.....If it ran at the same clocks it could well be close to 100% + boost, Hope you can now see why this thing could be so ground breaking ;)

No I fully understand that, but with people claiming that this card could be topped in a matter of months, why not just wait for that next card then? and it's not the usual rhetoric of "oh you'll be waiting forever" because an increase in performance that the Titan is rumoured to be displaying will be truelly a rare thing if it is indeed true, which means if you wait a bit longer into the year, for the cards after Titan, then you'll get a better value for money, and the 800 series next year will only be 10/15% more powerful as you said that is how it's usually been, rather than the 60% this is offering. So instead of paying £700 or whatever for a Titan, if you waited a few extra months you'd get an even more powerful card, for less, and will be much more comparable to cards coming out next year, for less price. This card sounds like it is purely chasing the hardware lust consumer, which is fine as I am one myself and no doubt i'll be like "I want one!" but if people show a bit of savvy they could save themselves some big money and bag an even more powerful card, in a matter of months, whereas i'd have expected this card to be the flagship of this year for such a price :)

Permabanned
AssaTM do you really think half the people on here give a damn about money lol?

Some people have watercooled 680s with multiscreen when the right option would have been 7970s because of the VRAM limit of the 680s, thats a huge cost and i wouldnt do it but many people have. If they can afford that then this is no big price specially with the performance its offering!

I dont think the Titan is for mainstream like you said, but if i found £700 out of nowhere and didnt need anything at the time id probly grab one myself lol!

Soldato
I can understand thesee cards somewhat if they bring a lot more fps to people running multi monitors, but for 1080p it's nowhere near substantial as most games would already be running at a high framerate?

i'll wait for the 780/whatever personally.

Soldato
No I fully understand that, but with people claiming that this card could be topped in a matter of months, why not just wait for that next card then? and it's not the usual rhetoric of "oh you'll be waiting forever" because an increase in performance that the Titan is rumoured to be displaying will be truelly a rare thing if it is indeed true, which means if you wait a bit longer into the year, for the cards after Titan, then you'll get a better value for money, and the 800 series next year will only be 10/15% more powerful as you said that is how it's usually been, rather than the 60% this is offering. So instead of paying £700 or whatever for a Titan, if you waited a few extra months you'd get an even more powerful card, for less, and will be much more comparable to cards coming out next year, for less price. This card sounds like it is purely chasing the hardware lust consumer, which is fine as I am one myself and no doubt i'll be like "I want one!" but if people show a bit of savvy they could save themselves some big money and bag an even more powerful card, in a matter of months, whereas i'd have expected this card to be the flagship of this year for such a price :)

Thing is we don't really know how things will pan out, what's the planed GK104 refresh, a GK114 who knows what that will be and how good it will perform. Personally I know as much about all this an the future as everybody else and that's just spoon fed snippets :)
One thing I am sure off is Performance will always cost money so we choose how fast we can afford to go !

Soldato
2x 7970s will still be better then one Titan for multi screen and cheaper - same price.

The option of a single card close to that performance has endless benefits... that's how you have to look at it.

I'm sure most run dual cards because they have too to get the performance for their setup, no because it's cheaper !

Permabanned
I can understand thesee cards somewhat if they bring a lot more fps to people running multi monitors, but for 1080p it's nowhere near substantial as most games would already be running at a high framerate?

i'll wait for the 780/whatever personally.

Crysis 3 is the first game to really smack a few cards on max settings even at 1080p, that situation is only going to be more visible once the new consoles launch, albeit, every 2/3 out of 10 games probably so not exactly critical or anything, but if you only want to settle for the absolute very best then... :)

Soldato

Could be Nvidia knows what's down the road and they are worried, so their firing the "big gun" now, again just my speculation.

Permabanned
I can play Crysis 2 on max settings on a 670, if I try that on very high on Crysis 3 it laughs at me, for 60fps stable that is

Soldato
I can play Crysis 2 on max settings on a 670, if I try that on very high on Crysis 3 it laughs at me, for 60fps stable that is

Well, I'm gonna disagree, for me you have to be looking at min fps of 60 and a 680 is a long way from that ! , Might be a while before Crysis is truly mastered with a single card ;)

Permabanned
The option of a single card close to that performance has endless benefits... that's how you have to look at it.

I'm sure most run dual cards because they have too to get the performance for their setup, no because it's cheaper !

Dude a single card for £700 quid and it wont do as good that is my point it will struggle in multi compare to 2x 7970s which are around £600 now!

Permabanned
Well, I'm gonna disagree, for me you have to be looking at min fps of 60 and a 680 is a long way from that ! , Might be a while before Crysis is truly mastered with a single card ;)

but you're agreeing with me then, i'm saying I dont get 60fps stable and thats what I want :( haha

Soldato

I'm one who is not really into Crysis, i find the games more flashy with graphics than having great gameplay. Going on to multi cards brings issues with micro stuttering, which is apparently a lot better on Nvidia cards over AMD's. So really it seems having a high end single card will always be best in my opinion, and we will always have the odd game that takes years to be able to play at a nice framerate. But i usually don't buy those games anyway.

This is probably why they bring out these stop gap cards recently, i would rather wait for the next generation cards than these as they do not give enough performance for the asking price. if performance was guaranteed to be quite a lot better than the next gen cards then i would reconsider, but that is not the case and the price of these will drop like a rock by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom