Gender equality debate

Soldato
OP
Maybe my understanding of what gender equality and feminism are is a little off then.

Look forward to the debate hosted by sky news on international mens day discussing men’s rights and issues.

Soldato
100 women: Join our gender equality debate audience http://news.sky.com/story/100-women-join-our-gender-equality-debate-audience-

Am I the only one who spots the hypocrisy in this?

I’m sure that it will not be a biased debate at all ....

That doge meme comes to mind, much equality.

I see your point, but it wouldn't be much of a debate would it?

By now I think we all secretly understand that these woman / SJW's / Feminists etc etc don't really want any kind of informed debate....we all saw the massacre that was Jordan Peterson vs Cathy Newman.

Soldato
I don't see the issue. it's an event/programme for women, about women. I don't see what input a male would need to make. or indeed could make.

this thread kind of sums up a lot that is wrong with people today - the even has no bearing on the op (for example) yet they felt the need to post about it and appear to be upset/offended, why is that?

let them have their event/programme and worry not about it.

Soldato
I don't see the issue. it's an event/programme for women, about women. I don't see what input a male would need to make. or indeed could make.

this thread kind of sums up a lot that is wrong with people today - the even has no bearing on the op (for example) yet they felt the need to post about it and appear to be upset/offended, why is that?

let them have their event/programme and worry not about it.

What happens if we all had a mens issues debate? You know the answer to that already i'm sure. It's happened in the past in murica. It was descended upon by loads of angry feminists calling them all pigs and misogynists etc.

Man of Honour

Are you precluding women from being able to bring objectivity and reason to a debate? ooof :p

Unfortunately it seems to be the way things are - I tried to bring some objectivity into a debate about the abuse people face in many industries today from online sources trying to point out that they were lumping in those with blunt, but reasoned, criticism often out of frustration with a seeming lack of interest with the companies engaging with their customers with those who were just incredibly toxic and hateful because they could be but that didn't go down well - they'd rather just say those people saying things that hurt their feelings were nasty people and palm off any responsibility to that and if you weren't cheerleading with trite soundbites action against what they were complaining about you were part of the problem and no better than those haters.

People are stupid and narrow minded (and that probably includes me).

Man of Honour
What happens if we all had a mens issues debate? You know the answer to that already i'm sure. It's happened in the past in murica. It was descended upon by loads of angry feminists calling them all pigs and misogynists etc.

Why are you having a mens event and why is it you only mention it when women have their own event?

*not you as in Creative!11, just men in general that always say things like 'but if it was the other way around..."

Soldato
Why are you having a mens event and why is it you only mention it when women have their own event?

*not you as in Creative!11, just men in general that always say things like 'but if it was the other way around..."

Because being a hypocrite/having double standards really doesn't help create meaningful change in the long term. More often that not it'll just create extremist pockets of resentment which we are seeing now.

If we want a truly equal society then people should be able to host whatever event they like.....as long as it's not like some terrorist gathering or something obviously or anything toxic/illegal.

But in the current climate, one event would be seen as ok, the other would be seen as not ok.

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato

Men issues? What the hell is that?

Soldato
Given how many Feminists cannot even agree on what Feminism is/was/should be and whether it's acceptable to be a Grid Girl, I think they'll will rip each other apart at this thing!!

Go down the pub, leave 'em to it....

V F

V F

Soldato
Given how many Feminists cannot even agree on what Feminism is/was/should be and whether it's acceptable to be a Grid Girl, I think they'll will rip each other apart at this thing!!

With so many closed pubs? :rolleyes::p

Soldato

Yeah they've resorted to attacking each other these days... Best grab some popcorn.

Soldato
OP

Was just about to point that out.

Seems only women can discuss gender equality and feminism amongst themselves.
Men issues? What the hell is that?

what are women’s issues ?

Back
Top Bottom