Poll: General election voting round 4

Voting intentions in the General Election?

• Alliance Party of Northern Ireland

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 276 39.5%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Green Party

Votes: 41 5.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 125 17.9%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 50 7.2%
  • Not voting/will spoil ballot

Votes: 33 4.7%
  • Other party (not named)

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Respect Party

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 31 4.4%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • UKIP

Votes: 128 18.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
The other forum I post on is very 'left' and has a much younger demographic.

From my years of reading and posting, I have always found Overclockers to be very much on the right.

OCUK has a very vocal far right, always has done.

Soldato
Idk the far right are rather vocal but they're normally shot down quite quickly. What's left is the middle right and left (occasional far left).

Caporegime
Idk the far right are rather vocal but they're normally shot down quite quickly. What's left is the middle right and left (occasional far left).

OCUK also has far more middle right and far less middle left than normal, they should be approximately balanced goin by recent polls, mkrvoer tech forums should much more left leaning, just shows how skewed OCUK is.

Soldato
That's a fair point. However may I ask why would tech forums tend to lean left?

I'm unsure what brings such a right wing audience here other than presumably people of similar thoughts group together.

Soldato
Don't get this, why the big support for the Tories? All other forums I frequent the Tories are hated with a vengeance. Also I would guess this forum has a quite youthful clientele so would assume that would make it even more anti Tory.

Demographics. OCUK forums members are typically male, early 20's to mid 40's who share a common interest in a relatively expensive hhobby that requires a certain level of disposable income.

Soldato
That's a fair point. However may I ask why would tech forums tend to lean left?

I'm unsure what brings such a right wing audience here other than presumably people of similar thoughts group together.

Other tech enthusiast forums are mainly full of students tbh, from what I can tell. They will always be more to the left. They spend more time around a "hippy" demographic and people who want something for nothing.

Everyone who has been working for years should pay for their right to go to University and support them, because they are the future. That is the common mentality I come across.

Man of Honour
Don't get this, why the big support for the Tories? All other forums I frequent the Tories are hated with a vengeance. Also I would guess this forum has a quite youthful clientele so would assume that would make it even more anti Tory.

Forum members know which side of the loaf the butter is spread on and want to keep it that way.

Caporegime
Soldato
Demographics. OCUK forums members are typically male, early 20's to mid 40's who share a common interest in a relatively expensive hhobby that requires a certain level of disposable income.

I don't think it's anything to do with income. I frequent the forums of other, equally expensive hobbies and they're significantly more to the left.

Maybe it's the type of hobby? I'd imagine that car and body-building forums are equally right-wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom