Generation Zero

Soldato

https://store.steampowered.com/app/704270/Generation_Zero

Release: 2019
Cost: $35/£25-30

Experience an explosive game of cat and mouse set in a vast open world. In this reimagining of 1980’s Sweden, hostile machines have invaded the serene countryside, and you need to fight back while unraveling the mystery of what is really going on. By utilizing battle tested guerilla tactics, you’ll be able to lure, cripple, or destroy enemies in intense, creative sandbox skirmishes.

• Go it alone, or team-up with up to three of your friends in seamless co-op multiplayer. Collaborate and combine your unique skills to take down enemies, support downed friends by reviving them, and share the loot after an enemy is defeated.

• All enemies are persistently simulated in the world, and roam the landscape with intent and purpose. When you manage to destroy a specific enemy component, be it armor, weapons or sensory equipment, the damage is permanent. Enemies will bear those scars until you face them again, whether that is minutes, hours or weeks later.

• Explore a vast open world, rendered with the award-winning Apex engine, featuring a full day/night cycle with unpredictable weather, complex AI behavior, simulated ballistics, highly realistic acoustics and a dynamic 1980’s soundtrack.
Just saw this game and it looks absolutely stunning, combined with that 80's soundtrack which is giving me Stranger Things vibes, I'm pretty excited.

Soldato
I really like the look of this. Seems like a group of mates could play at their own pace, this could be our new Friday night go to game for a bunch of aging gamers.

Associate
Not sure how I'm going to play all the games I want in the next several months, this is another that looks good!

Permabanned
A battle of asymmetrical robots vs humans in open world, it's could be cool if that's it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
OP

14 minutes of Demo Game play here. It's looking really good, some of the audio sounds really good, some needs changing, but still early days yet for the game. The weather effects looks awesome and the world looks really nice.

Game UI and animations look neat and tidy, awesome soundtrack while playing.

So far we only seen a few enemies, but I hope there is a lot more, some they are keeping a secret. Also want to see them add a hardcore survival mode to the game, that's in ARK and Scum.

Soldato
Why the **** do they always use controllers in the videos for these games? It makes the movement and looking around seem off. It's a PC game, use a ******* keyboard and mouse!

Should I even mention just how dumbed that game looks? Everything seems to be highlighted and surrounded by a Ready Brek glow. Whatever happened to having to search out items rather than having them handed to you on a plate?

Soldato
OP
Should I even mention just how dumbed that game looks? Everything seems to be highlighted and surrounded by a Ready Brek glow. Whatever happened to having to search out items rather than having them handed to you on a plate?

People are really dumb, they need all this help otherwise they will never know, it's a shame.

It's on the APEX Engine so this will run sweet as hell and look stunning unless something very wrong happens.
Looking forward to it.

Reading what people have said about it after they played the demo, they said it was very good, very smooth game play. So I got very high hopes.

Back
Top Bottom