Get your Wallets Ready - Steam Sale Dates this Winter

Associate
apparently this was leaked earlier today..

More interesting is the method in which they apply the discounts

and for now fill up those wallets

Source
The Leaked Letter
8Qy.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Problem is, as things are at the moment, there are very few games out there that I would want to add to my bloated library, I've already got more games than I can play. But, time will tell..

Associate
With places like GMG, Amazon.com and the humble bundles, steam sales just don't seem that exciting anymore. I've also got a load of games from last year's sales which I haven't played yet!

Associate
There is literally nothing on my radar.. maybe a indie game or two but thats it. I think the sales have gotten to the point where there is nothing to buy.

Associate
There is literally nothing on my radar.. maybe a indie game or two but thats it. I think the sales have gotten to the point where there is nothing to buy.

As the sales have kept coming, I'm finding most people are here right now. Which is surely a good thing for our wallets... But remember, PC gaming is still increasing in popularity and those sales are brilliant at luring new players in.

Soldato
I got no beef with the sales... I agree that amazon, GMG etc. all offer great bargains around the same time as well and who doesn't like picking up some more games :D

Nothing I'm particularly looking out for but I'll stick to my usual rules:

Is it under £3? Buy it
Is it under £5? Deliberate for a few days then end up buying it
Is it over £5? Buy it, but only if it really was something you specifically wanted

Soldato
With places like GMG, Amazon.com and the humble bundles, steam sales just don't seem that exciting anymore. I've also got a load of games from last year's sales which I haven't played yet!

The competition from these other outlets will cause better sales/prices in the long run, so I can only see this as a good thing.

Soldato
I always look forward to the Steam sales, mostly as I've stopped pre-ordering games now and can occassionally get a proper bargain off them :)

Max Payne 3 with dlc recently was by best off GMG, stonking deal :) Hoping SR4 may have a discount in the Steam sale, it's perhaps a little quick though.

Imy

Imy

Soldato
I hope X:Rebirth is in the sale. It's a bit pricey by PC game standards at the moment.

I'm still trying to work my way through all the games I've picked up before in sales/bundles - only about 160 left to go...

Associate

Good I'm not the only one also have games from steam Xmas sale 2 years ago I've not started playing yet so will give this years a miss.
But I've said that before must bought more 10 games in the last 6 months :D

Back
Top Bottom