Getting a (Sigma) Lens Repaired

Associate
Hi guys

My SIGMA 28-105MM F2.8-4 ASP IF arrived today courtesy of the bay. I was told the AF wasn't working and assumed my 10D would still allow me to shoot in MF

Unfortunately not the case - i get an ERR 99 come up upon attaching the lens (which wont go away either)

So i am looking into getting this repaired. I assume its the AF servo mechanism from the advice of the seller but who knows... The actual lens itself is MINT condition! looks very nice and im sure if the costs are reasonable it will work out well as this looks like a nice fast'ish walkabout lens - well i paid £20 inc. delivery so im prepared to pay out for a repair as long as its not a lot of money..

Anyway... advice please on where to look into for a repair job - for what its worth i have an unused warrenty card here too ? maybe i can use that ?

Thanks for reading any advice appreciated :)

Associate
just sent my80-400 back to where i got it from as the locking switch became slack its still under warrenty so i emailed SigmaUK and they said they would do it for me but as ive had it less than a year i sent it back to the shop i got it from turns out in the end it went to sigma after the shop had a look at it anyway, just got it back today and its all fixed up. I would try emailing or phoning sigma and tell them the problem they might give you a rough price over the phone heres ther number 44-1707-329999

Good luck m8

Oh btw i just thought to if the lens is a few years old it might need rechipping which sigma can do for you

Associate
OP
cool spoke to them they think its a re-chipping affair (33.99) or maybe a repair (59.99) worse case is both which they do for a total cost of £59.99

doesn't make it quite the bargin i first thought if thats the case however it appears a nice lens so worth it i would say

just thought id put the info here in case anyone else wanted it.

BTW does anyone else have this lens? any reviews of it at all?

Back
Top Bottom