Getting iOS7 onto my iphone :)

Associate
Even though the iPad 2 is old and you have the iPad mini which is basically the same spec. The iPad 2 has a dual core CPU and 512 ram, so upgrading it to iOS 7 shouldn't effect the performance. Like it could do on the stand iPhone 4 (not dual core CPU). So you shouldn't get the 3g & ios 4 situation again.

Well my sister's not complained about it on her iphone 4. Think i'll update the ipad in a bit then. :)

Man of Honour
Installed on my 4S this morning. I don't like the default app icons but the clean look within those apps is much improved (such as within mail for example).

Associate
Not read the whole thread anyone updated an iPhone 4 to iOS 7 yet? If so how is it running?

Updated mine about 5 hours ago, seems fine, no quicker or slower (in my opinion) although I have noticed battery life has decreased a little. I say a little as before during general usage I never really noticed the % meter going down but now I am, e.g. within a 15 min period of usage ive lost 3%

I'd upgrade.

B

Associate
My 4 has finally finished the update, still getting over the shock, very different.

Was a bit laggy at first, but it's getting better, almost as if it is learning what it has to play with!

Still hate iTunes 11!

After almost a day using iOS7 I'm getting used to it.

I found all my apps were 'open' in the multitasking view, so I closed most down and that restored the responsiveness of my IP4.

I really like the speed of Safari now, beats Chrome easily, not sure why, it just loads so much quicker.

The screen blanking after a delay had changed, and so had the enable password lock, that was set to always, but the screen blanking is now just called 'Lock', and is not treated as a power control. Was that the same in iOS 6? Can't remember. The setting never changed with an update before.

So we have lost Cover flow in the iPhone as well now, I really liked that feature, that was the main reason I stayed with iTunes 10. The MS like tiles are very underwhelming, I didn't like that as a background feature on Windows Media Centre and don't like it on the phone, but I guess I'll get used to it.

I connected my iPod Classic tonight to add some new stuff and it re-synched every track. I guess the iTunes update changed the files somehow so the synch process forced them to update. Be warned!

Soldato
i would like to know this too! i am trying to update now as im on the beta too! cant seem to do it ??

Thanks

I updated from beta 6 using iTunes.

You have to update iTunes to 11.1 first though for it to recognise that an update is available. If iTunes doesn't show that the 11.1 version is available download it direct from the apple website :)

Soldato
Had a proper play on this during my commute today and I like everything except the retarded child-like icons. Surely they could have come up with something better?

Definitely written off the IP5S now as a completely pointless upgrade. iOS7 is silky smooth on the iP5.

Soldato
Anyone got full screen safari and tabs working "properly" on an ipad?

Mine won't got full screen and tabs are same as before... Thinking it might be iPhone only :(

Soldato
Thanks for telling me how to close tabs. Battery life looks like its gonna be gash on the iPhone 4. And upgraded my ipad went smooth lost nothing. Upgraded my Iphone 4 and lost all apps. Bummer. Reinstalled candy crush and lost all my done levels. Maybes cos it was jailbroke?

Associate
One thing i have found that is annoying me is the inability to set your wallpapers from within the photos app...

You now have to go into the settings to do it. Why couldn't you just leave it as an option inside the Photos app....?

Soldato
Is there an option to enable more than 9 Apps in each folder page?

It appears 9 apps per folder is the locked setting :mad: (previously 16 could be viewed)

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1638623

On the iPad this means there is a lot of wasted screen space.

Hopefully my 2 year old son will soon figure out how to find his other games that are on the 2nd folder page.

Last edited:
Soldato
I quite like it on my ipad2, but

not to sound like a cynic :o

Part of me thinks that they might have gone ultra basic so that next time they can go slightly more detailed than ios6 and wow everyone with the depth and shading :o

Back
Top Bottom