Getting Married - Need advice please

Soldato
Hey all.
Looking to get hitched quite soon and was wondering if anyone had any experience with this hehe

My partner is brasilian and is here on a visa.

We have done some research and so far we understand that we need to give at least 14 days notice to the registra office and that we can only get married in N.Ireland if she is not a resident in this country?

Does anyone know what documents and procedures are best to follow?

many thanks,
Soogs

Soldato
OP
been togetheer long enough :D and the passport arrives in 5 years so thats long enough to torture her hehe

we are still looking online and finding out bits n bobs but still unsure where is the best and closest place to get this sorted.

Soogs

Soldato
OP
I have been looking at the visa situation for a friend from the US who is thinking of moving here to study so got this page bookmarked Here it might have further info hidden somewhere re getting married on the page with your partner already being in the country.

I would be careful as well the Visa people can be very suspicious about marriages these days so best to be upfront with them when you deal with them re the marriage.

SCM
cheers dude

Soldato
OP
hey peeps. thanks again for all the support and info.

We got married on the 2/2/08 :D

pics: http://www.soogs.net/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=37

Shes currently in brazil sorting out her spouse visa or the other free marriage thing she was telling me about hehe. should be back with me for the 20th

in the end we had to get married in an anglican chruch as it didnt require any other forms or documents... (the cirt of approval takes up to 70 working days and we didnt have time for that)

anyways things are looking up (other than my finances lol)

thanks again for all the help :)

Soldato
OP
Letife is SERIOUSLY hot...

Is she married? :D

lol shes getting engaged next month :eek:

A2Z: ;) cheers :D

tis gonna be 4 weeks we are apart on monday coming... this really sucks!
but ive got us a place to stay so all is rolling well for now.

although i still dont really know what it means to be married.... it feels good being a husband lol

Soldato
OP
hehe we met in late october and married in feb haha

mariage would not have been on the cards but it was the only way to stay together and stay sain.

yes shes defo coming back

i made it obundantly(sp) clear her life wouldnt be worth living if she is out to take me for a ride in any which way.

im young yes but im very family orientated.

there is love and i know its real...

i cant divolge her history but i know from what shes been thru in the past she is a strong girl who needs a strong man.

anyways only time will tell what becomes of us but i know deep down we will grow old and sag together :D

just spent 4 hours on the webcam with her so feeling a bit better.

im feeling ill now lol

right im off for a lie down and maybe to get rid of this built up man juice :s (too much info???) :p

Back
Top Bottom