Getting out of a PCH deal...

Associate
.....way early, is it possible? I know how much I would roughly have to pay to do this but with furlough, lockdown and being office based, we just dont see the need for 2 cars. My furlough is extended and I'll be mainly home based for a while after I do go back. Mrs is in the same boat.

My Mrs is a year in with 2 to go, I'm 5 months in to a 3 year deal.

Any one had experience of trying to wrangle a deal or is the contract just that, no wiggle room? I would like to think a better deal could be made given the circumstances.

Associate
OP
One of the guys who I work with has just done this, terminated a PCH since his car payments from work has ceased for the foreseeable future, he had 17 months left of 3 years with VWFS and negotiated a deal with him only liable for 6 months of payments, but handing the car back immediately. He did inform them that he would end up defaulting on the payments if they couldn't negotiate, and he'd be more than happy to go to court about it.

That sounds promising, I'm maybe over worrying as I'm on furlough still, I'm down to 80% wages and no sign of being back working unless the housing/construction industry picks back up quick.

I'm maybe worried I lose my job in the long run. I was going to get a run about then thought otherwise.

Crashing the car isn't an option!:D

Back
Top Bottom