Getting Some New things

will be buying some new things for my rig in the next hour but what worries me is either ill waste my money on something when there is better out there, or im wasting my money for a new product to be out in a week or so, and finally that i'd be wasting my money on something that doesnt work with my computer or would be the same as and no better then what i previosuly had.

Well this is what im planning on getting:

Viewsonic VX2025 20" Widescreen LCD Monitor - Silver/Black (MO-052-VS) £269.95

Zalman CNPS9500-LED Aero Flower (Socket 939/754/478/775) CPU Cooler (HS-015-ZA)
£27.95
Zalman VF900-CU Quiet Copper VGA Cooler (SY-008-ZA)
£20.95

Logitech Z-5400 THX® Certified 5.1 310 Watts Speakers - Retail (SP-035-LG)
£112.95
Verbatim 16x DVD+R v1.2 Lightscribe (Jewel Cased) - 5 Pack (ME-008-VB)
£5.90

Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound (3.5g) (AC-000-AC)
£5.95

Total £521.29 + £25 delivery

so is there anything there that i could buy differntly or will be improved in next week or 2, or wont work with my system?

thanks chappies

Explicit said:

** a star lol i have known of this hardware for ages but i was always put off bying it as i never knew it was on OCuk lol u just made OCuk £30, i think they should give u half ;)

what fan should i get for this? i want a silent one. also i want 2 new fans for my lianli so would be nice to also get silent ones of them too, any suggestions?

addy_010 said:
** a star lol i have known of this hardware for ages but i was always put off bying it as i never knew it was on OCuk lol u just made OCuk £30, i think they should give u half ;)

what fan should i get for this? i want a silent one. also i want 2 new fans for my lianli so would be nice to also get silent ones of them too, any suggestions?

lol, no worries mate :D

As for the fan, it comes with one but I'm not sure what one or how silent it is. You could get an Akasa Amber Ultra Quiet, or a Panaflo if you're willing to buy from another shop.

Explicit said:
lol, no worries mate :D

As for the fan, it comes with one but I'm not sure what one or how silent it is. You could get an Akasa Amber Ultra Quiet, or a Panaflo if you're willing to buy from another shop.

i might get 3 ambers as thats my gf's name and i need a couple of new fans

Im looking aswell at some connectors of 3 pin and 4 pin, as i have trouble with where to plug the fans into and some cant reach the correct spot. e.g. the front case fan iis plugged into the cpu fan, which is plugged into the rear fans plug, which is plugged into the frnots plug and it makes the case cables untidy and no more room for other pins.

Well what im wondering is what i should get that would power the fans, (ambers i will be getting, duno what pins they have) either the Akasa 3-pin to 4-pin Adapter Cable (CB-007-GE) or the Akasa AK-FY320 3 Pin Fan cable splitter (CB-013-AK) . which of these will plug with the ambers, and also which will give me more plugs, e.g. plugs into 1 spot but provides room for 2, tjhats what i mostly need, more plugs.

thanks again all

oh and one last thing, was thinking of putting internet on my old pc, through my new pc but dont know if this is possible and if so how i do this for very very cheap e.g. £10. I have internt from a router as im at home with 5 comps which is plugged into my new comp, (in sig) but then i want without putting another cable through the house internt on my old pc which has ubuntu linux on it, which gets it net from the new pc. is this possible and how if so?

Well your motherboard should have 3 fan headers, ambers come with 3-4pin adaptors so that you can use them directly from the PSU, this will solve the fan header shortage problem.

I think you need a crossover cable going from your pc to the old pc so that you are sharing your internet connection

Back
Top Bottom