• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gfx card upgrade

Associate
I've got an ancient 980 TI that's served me very well over the past few years but is well overdue for an upgrade. I'm seeing the prices on cards come down a little bit and was looking at a 3080 TI for about 1,100, worth a punt or should I hang on for the 3090 TI's to drop a bit more? What would Jesus do?!

Soldato
I feel like the new cards are just around the corner and they are probably going to make a 3080ti or something like that seem like bad value pretty soon. I'd just get a stop gapper or something mid range to use until we see how fast the new cards are and how much they sell for then sell it.

Associate
OP
Thanks guys, really appreciate the advice!

Any particular brand stand out over the others? Leaning towards Gigabyte but not sure if that's the best option, cheers!

Associate
I'd be wary of gigabyte - I have one and it's very good, but there were issues with power connectors on some at the beginning of the cycle. I daren't unplug mine as its working!

It may be something which has now been sorted and isn't a problem on later models, but definitely do your homework first.

Associate
OP
I'd be wary of gigabyte - I have one and it's very good, but there were issues with power connectors on some at the beginning of the cycle. I daren't unplug mine as its working!

It may be something which has now been sorted and isn't a problem on later models, but definitely do your homework first.
Ok, thanks for the info!

Associate
OP
Managed to snag a Gigabyte Aorus Master 3080 TI for €1265 including delivery + VAT after some digging, just waiting on it to arrive now. Happy with that!

Back
Top Bottom