• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GFX cards and HDMI

Associate
This may sound a daft question, but with the popularity of HTPC's in the living room, and HDCP just around the corner, can anyone envisage HDMI equipped graphics cards?

DVI is not HDCP compatible, where as HDMI is, and with the Blue Ray drives coming out, it has struck me that many DVI gfx's cards will cause problems if the PC is used as a Blue Ray/HD-DVD player with HDCP encryption.

Jez

Associate
OP
Like everything PC at the moment - lots happening I guess, what with Conroe, Vista & DX10, HDCP, Blue Ray/HD-DVD .............

I would say roll on the next nine months or so, but I won't as it has been said before, and I wouldn't want to wish away what little time I have left in this wonderful world, just so I could get a HTPC that will last awhile. :)

Associate
OP
I think the thread I saw was taken into context with a RP tv - & was something along the lines that the tv set wasn't HDCP compliant, because it had DVI as a hi def input, and that DVI, because it was essentially a computer interface, wasn't licensed for a HDCP encoder/decoder.

I took the content of the thread at face value. ;)

Back
Top Bottom