Gfx have plateaued this gen

Associate
I have gradually felt this now for a while. I think we have seen the limits graphically this gen. It has been a phenomenal gen for graphics imo and hdr 2 years ago blew me away and continues to do so when it’s properly implemented.

I’ll be interesting to see whether TLOU2 can squeeze anymore out of the PS4 pro but I feel the next true wow moment is going to come on the next gen of consoles. RDR2 has left a sour taste in my mouth tbh as that was a game I was probably most hyped for and it didn’t deliver graphically on the pro at all; broken hdr and poor CB implementation.

Soldato
The architectures devs are working with now are much more uniform and well understood, so there's not as much time required to really rinse the best out of them.

RDR2 visually though is a great step forward....and not just shiny visual gimmicks. Things like the animation of the horses are mind-blowing.

Soldato
Thing is I don't really get impressed with what most class as good graphics, I mean yes GoW and HZD etc look great but I was honestly impressed more with Mario Odyssey but I think the art style has something to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom