Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Permabanned
I never seen that crap movie so not sure but I watched the actual trailer and its the new one, YT up-loaders do this a lot with the thumb part not in the video.

Man of Honour
The one with the girl cast was fine. Probably better than the ‘originals’ which are really overrated (and surprisingly dated).

Man of Honour
Ignore him, he's been drinking.
Well, I have been drinking :p

Here’s what I thought when watching the original earlier in the year:

Ghostbusters - The only things that have aged well are the concept and the theme tune. Surprisingly, not actually particularly funny (save for the “no dick” line). Bill Murray’s previously charming character now drifts between bemusing and creepy. Special effects sparse and actually really quite horrible at parts. Winston feels even more token than ever. Huh.

Still.... ghostbustin’ makes me feel good!! You just cannot deny that feel good tune.

2.5/5

Two is OK but it takes soooo long to get going / a lot of filler.

Caporegime
OP
I think it bombed because a lot of people didn’t like it conceptually. But it was fine.

It bombed because it was a pile of crap helmed by a director that for some weird reason has the opinion that "men aren't funny". Just about every male character in the movie was either a dribbling moron or a total bellpiece.

Some of the cast of that POS were "outraged" that Sony weren't going to make a sequel and instead go with a newer iteration continuing the story of the first 2 movies. It would seem that the movie costing Sony around $70 million isn't something they have clued into yet.

Man of Honour
It bombed because it was a pile of crap helmed by a director that for some weird reason has the opinion that "men aren't funny". Just about every male character in the movie was either a dribbling moron or a total bellpiece.
Eh, I didn’t have any opinions on the men in the film. So what if they were dumb? It’s just a film - don’t view it as a catastrophic attempted assault on your male identity :p

Caporegime
OP
Eh, I didn’t have any opinions on the men in the film. So what if they were dumb? It’s just a film - don’t view it as a catastrophic attempted assault on your male identity :p

It was just a film helmed by a director that has a weird little agenda going on when it comes to male actors. He might not have noticed he in fact is a male, though probably so deep in the closet his arse is hanging out in Narnia.

Back
Top Bottom