Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Soldato
i think i've given it a lot of leeway simply because 2016 was soooo bad the franchise needed something that wasn't terrible.
Objectively this is more like the force awakens - essentially the same story, well made, not terrible, lots of problems if you think about it to much, but fun.

Soldato
Is it any good?
House on the Haunted Hill went viral when it first came out. I saw it and thought it was a bit overrated given that literally the first 5 or 6 episodes introduce you to each character in the main family whilst flirting between the past and present.

After the midway point the show gets better from what I recall but not by that much. Everyone has their preferences but I wanted a haunted house with scares - instead there’s family drama to get past and I couldn’t give a hoots about that really.

Soldato
Do you mean The Haunting of Hill House? The House on Haunted Hill was a late 90s movie about the people being paid to stay overnight in an abandoned asylum that had a massacre years back. It stared the lovely Famke Janssen and Ali Larter. It was a remake of the Vincent Price movie from the late 59s with a lot more gore.

Caporegime
OP
Do you mean The Haunting of Hill House? The House on Haunted Hill was a late 90s movie about the people being paid to stay overnight in an abandoned asylum that had a massacre years back. It stared the lovely Famke Janssen and Ali Larter. It was a remake of the Vincent Price movie from the late 59s with a lot more gore.

Haunting of hill house was meh, seen scarier things looking into the bog after a dump. :o

Soldato
Yes, the former as it was a Netflix show :p Though the latter was good!

Caporegime
Watched it last night and I throughly enjoyed that!

I loved everything about it, the callbacks to the OG film were excellent and the little musical notes gave me goosebumps every time and then the ending with the music nearly made me cry with joy.

Soldato
Thought it was great - especially enjoyed Egon (very well done and the 2 end credits).

Although Bill Murray isn't looking well :(

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Thought it was great - especially enjoyed Egon (very well done and the 2 end credits).

Although Bill Murray isn't looking well :(

Murray aged pretty badly, he had a ton of acne when he was younger leaving him with a pockmarked face that became more obvious when he got older. I remember an incident in the mid to late 70's, he had a fight with Chevy Chase and apparently one of the things said that Murrays face looked like the surface of the moon (or words to that effect).

Ernie Hudson is the oldest of the 3 by 5 years vs Murray and 6 vs Aykroyd, he looks a lot younger than Murray.

Back
Top Bottom