Poll: Giant Acorn!

Name change to 'Acorn'?

• Yes

Votes: 80 94.1%
  • Yes

Votes: 40 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So I had the first immediate thoughts as everyone else when reading this thread....

... But why does Google images suggest an alternate search of "christmas acorns", and then return images of pine cones!? :confused:

That's not an Acorn! This is an Acorn!

s-l1600.jpg
Nah, that’s a Beeb.

This is an Acorn (and older than the OP’s pine cone) :D

Mn2JRcI.jpg

This is a classic thread and reminds me of two similar occassaions.

The first was my brother. At the he age of three he loved the 80s kids TV show bodger and badger. One Christmas he got a badger puppet from a shopping centre father Christmas.

He loved this badger and kept it for many years. Everyone in the family called the toy badger.

When we were teenagers we were ******* about with it (don't remember why) and I was like, hang on a minute, that's a ******* panda not a badger. He looked at it square in the face, absolutely gutted, his childhood crushed. ****** ****** It is a ******* panda isn't it.

The second was a conversation I once had at work. The guy I was talking to didn't know that steak and minced beef both came from a cow (honestly).

Everyone lol'd to the point of wetting themselves. He thought we were having him on, so he then rang his girlfriend and asked her. She didn't know this fact either. I'm not ******* joking.

Theses two idiots have kids together. God help us all.

I detect a subtle bias in the poll :)

I'm wondering if the OP classes anything else as an acorn. Maybe they see 'acorn' as a general word for a thing that grows into a bigger thing. That would make some sense - the word is quite often used figuratively in that way.

I detect a subtle bias in the poll :)

I'm wondering if the OP classes anything else as an acorn. Maybe they see 'acorn' as a general word for a thing that grows into a bigger thing. That would make some sense - the word is quite often used figuratively in that way.
Nice try.

Im wondering what is more stupid. Thinking a pine cone is an acorn for 20 years or that ive just read this entire thread :D

Back
Top Bottom