1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

Gibbo is getting an R600!!

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Gibbo, 3 Apr 2007.

1. Gibbo

Commissario

Hi there

Next week I shall be recieving one of the first R600 samples for testing.

We plan to put this card in our top Ultima specification of PC. We shall post pictures and tell you how good it is sometime next week. :)

However exact benchmark results cannot be revealed due to NDA but as you know I will give a subtle hint and post many pictures for you all. :)

2. Gonzo0

Wise Guy

Cant wait, hopefully it will kill the 8800 then i can be happy that i waited for R600

3. melbourne720

Wise Guy

Nice one Gibbo, do you reckon it will be more like a 9700 Pro type release, or a fx series release? :D

4. jrodga2k5

Sgarrista

Also any idea on dates ;)

5. nbkpsycho

Perma Banned

Sounds Good :cool:

6. Gibbo

Commissario

Hi there

Around end of April beginning of May time.

7. nbkpsycho

Perma Banned

Any idea of a price ?

8. Gibbo

Commissario

NDA

9. jrodga2k5

Sgarrista

thnaks gibbo, nice to know! Will be interesting to see how they perform, I take it wont just be the good old 3d mark you'll be testing?

10. Gibbo

Commissario

Pretty much so, its all we have.

HOWEVER

If there are other programmes/benchmarks which are available free to dowload, post me a link and we shall happily run that too. Please bear in mind we won't be going out buying games but if anyone provides a link to a free legal download we shall happily test that too.

Also for ATI which is quicker, XP, XP64, Vista32 or Vista64?

11. LLBDTiberio

Wise Guy

Cool Gibbo, hope it performs well :p
    Hope OcUK has preorders on these babies soon :D

12. Noxis

Banned

Presumably it will only go in the "Ultima" machine if its actually faster than the 8800GTX's in SLi? :p

13. phatboy

Soldato

excellent! looking forward to the results of this :D

14. Gerard

Caporegime

As far as price is concered im sure it'll be the usual assraping price of around £450+. :mad:

Anyone remember when gfx cards topped out at around £250 -£300?

15. Gerard

Caporegime

To be honest i think its gonna be r520 all over again, all the waiting and hype for something that was at best maybe a few % faster in select benchmarks. Amd really need to get the thumb out and get this delay delay crap knocked on the head. :mad:

16. jaykay

Wise Guy

yey but the my b day is 25 of april hopefully the mid range cards are coming out then
    gibbo could you test it on vista 32bit i would like to see if ati have better drivers than nvidia for vista

17. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

The release date is 23rd-24th April, be great to finally see one up and running, i cant wait. :D

The full range are supposed to be getting released then, high-end, mid-range etc...

18. melbourne720

Wise Guy

Could you dual boot XP and Vista? Makes sense as you'll need VISTA for any DX10 stuff, and XP because most people have it.

Use the NVidia DX10 demo for some DX10 screenshots (unless anyone knows any better DX10 stuff).

Could we lend you Oblivion for the purposes of getting some fraps values?

Alternatively you could lend me the R600... :D

19. YorkshirePadd26

Wise Guy

I can't really see that happening ! faster than 2 already very fast cards !

20. LLBDTiberio

Wise Guy

Yeah Melbourne, Gibbo should "lend" it to us :p
    What i'm interested in seeing is whether or not it really is that fast in comparison to Nvidia, they have had the card delayed for months now and I would like to see it performing even better than it would have if it had been released sooner.
    What i fear is that AMD has withheld the launch because of this low-high card release, and not because they wanted to fine tune the card and make sure that the 8800 gets destroyed.
    I am very, very close to buying an 8800gtx because of the price they have now, if AMD had the same price around the 400£ mark, then I would wait but nothing is certain yet.
    Also, there is way too much confusion regarding the 80/65 thing, is that something you could tell us Gibbo?