gigabyte 965p ds4 wont boot

Associate
Hi there

I just put together a p4 system with a gigabyte 965p ds4,p4 541 3.2ghz,ocz 2gb el dual channel kit and a 1900xt-x.
My problem is the computer start's up the fan spins for a few seconds then stops and then the computer reboots.
I have checked the connections tried a different psu reseated the cpu and cleared the cmos too.The 541 is only in there till the 6600 are in stock.
If anyone could shed some light on the problem

Associate
OP
Thanks for the quick reply i will try it another case. I was just worried that it's was a compatibilty problem i have been using amd boards for the last six years so intel boards are a bit new to me.

Associate
OP
Thanks for your help but still no joy.It reminds of a gigabyte board i had years ago that would'nt boot that was down to the hsf plugged into the wrong header.I have just tried a new hsf just in case the first was to blame.
Looks like it might be an rma :confused:

Associate
OP
Well it sounds like it's the board then.
Oh well must be the luck of the draw hope to get a working one next time.I just regret not buying the abit board now.I was begining to doubt myself as i'am not a total noob my first pc was a 286 running at 16 mhz with a massive 32 meg hard drive and a adlib soundcard with dos 3.3 and since then have built dozen systems.And have been able to solve most things up till now.
It might be an idea Stoofa to try your board with the 640 first to avoid disappoinment feels like a wasted my saturday.
Looks like first thing monday i will be on the phone to overclockers helpline.

Many thanks for your help

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Yeah i called the support line today and he told me it sounded like the problem was the board :( So it's going to be rma'd tommorrow.
Fingers crossed for the next board.Still i hope i can sort out the system so it's just a matter of dropping a e6600 in when they are in stock :D

Thanks for your help

Associate
OP
Well i rma'd the board last monday and a new one arrived today.Just finished plugging everything together still no boot :mad: .So i can confirm that this board does'nt like ocz (2 x 1gb) pc2-6400 dual channel special ops memory.
The only thing to come out of this is i will never buy another gigabyte board again.I just wish i had bought the abit ab9-pro or an asus one.

Many thanks for your help

Back
Top Bottom