Gigabyte Aero 15

Associate
OP
Hi Atom

I have my new Laptop now. Thank you. Just one question, has there been any problems with keyboard layout?
Mine seems to have a few mixed up. Next to the M key it is shown as /,. on my keyboard, it should be ,./
I have checked the setting and its seems the keys are in the wrong position.
Any ideas.

E5P96A.png

That's certainly rather worrying. I take it Windows recognises the "?" key as "/" when pressed? If this is still the case and if these keyboards are like other laptop keyboards, why not simply pop out both keys and replace them in the right spots? I would only give this a go if the keys can be popped out and if you do it gently to avoid breaking any of the inner hinges. I'm sure @Atom80 will confirm shortly. Obviously don't carry this procedure out if it would invalidate your warranty as well.

Liam.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Atom

I have my new Laptop now. Thank you. Just one question, has there been any problems with keyboard layout?
Mine seems to have a few mixed up. Next to the M key it is shown as /,. on my keyboard, it should be ,./
I have checked the setting and its seems the keys are in the wrong position.
Any ideas.

Hi cdmania,

Mmmmm not ideal, sorry to see this.

The key caps are just clipped on, so it should be possible to prize off (gently) with small flat head screw driver and switch them over. If however you do not want to do this, which we understand, then please return to OcUK (assuming that's where you purchased) and exchange for new unit.
FYI - this has been escalated to our HQ to in-turn escalate to the keyboard supplier.
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Let us know which route you prefer to take - we will of course provide you with some gifts as compensation for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
That's certainly rather worrying. I take it Windows recognises the "?" key as "/" when pressed? If this is still the case and if these keyboards are like other laptop keyboards, why not simply pop out both keys and replace them in the right spots? I would only give this a go if the keys can be popped out and if you do it gently to avoid breaking any of the inner hinges. I'm sure @Atom80 will confirm shortly. Obviously don't carry this procedure out if it would invalidate your warranty as well.

Liam.

Thanks Liam, yes you are correct, it should be possible to do in the way you describe.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Hi Atom80

I did purchase the laptop from Overclockers. I decided to have a go at swapping the keys around myself. did not want to send it back only just got it. :D
I used the corner of my debit card to lift the keycaps off. The third one made me sweat a little, but it went well and my laptop is working well now.

Thanks for the advice and help to you both 'LEK-89 and Atom80'
One happy Aero 15 owner :D

Cheers
Roger

Associate
OP
Hi Atom80

I did purchase the laptop from Overclockers. I decided to have a go at swapping the keys around myself. did not want to send it back only just got it. :D
I used the corner of my debit card to lift the keycaps off. The third one made me sweat a little, but it went well and my laptop is working well now.

Cheers
Roger

Glad to hear it mate :)

@Atom80 - I can confirm that my new Aero 15 that arrived from OcUK yesterday was free from any keyboard alternations (mine is the Green 512GB version).

Liam.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Atom80

Cheers
Roger

Glad to hear it mate :)

@Atom80 - I can confirm that my new Aero 15 that arrived from OcUK yesterday was free from any keyboard alternations (mine is the Green 512GB version).

Liam.

Hi @cdmania & @LEK-89 - Phhhheeeeew :)

Thanks for updating us on both counts, glad the swap has been done without any problems - really sorry for that situation. Appreciate you doing it, without incident.

@cdmania - can you please post your order number, this will enable us to get your address details to send you some gift items. OcUK wont pass to us without your prior permission - so by replying to post with the order number, you are giving them authorisation to pass to us.

Many thanks,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Thanks for giving the permission cdmania, I will pass all info to Atom now :)

Bailey

Hi Atom80

My details from the order are

Order Number: 5123696 (Internet Reference: OC3276469)

Thanks once again.
Roger

Received and requested items to be sent - this will be next week due to the time.

Thanks for sorting Mr Bailey, appreciated.

Have a good weekend one and all.

Regards,

Atom80

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Atom80

My details from the order are

Order Number: 5123696 (Internet Reference: OC3276469)

Thanks once again.
Roger

Hi Roger,

Just to let you know that the complimentary gift items have been despatched and should be with you in the next day or two.

Thanks again for your understanding,

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
@Atom80 any eta on the 4k screen?

Hi skaif, thanks for your enquiry.

Based on current information from our factory, and the suppliers of this particular panel, we anticipate the 4K version of AERO15 being in production during September. As usual when the product is a couple of weeks from arrival in UK we will set up and range with OcUK - and post here to announce.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Atom80

Associate
Hi Roger,

Just to let you know that the complimentary gift items have been despatched and should be with you in the next day or two.

Thanks again for your understanding,

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Hi Atom80

Just a quick message to say a big thank you for the bonus pack.
The laptop bag and accessories are really nice and i am sure i will put them to good use.
This is one purchase i did not regret it's an awesome laptop. :)

Thank you once again.
Roger

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Atom80

Just a quick message to say a big thank you for the bonus pack.
The laptop bag and accessories are really nice and i am sure i will put them to good use.
This is one purchase i did not regret it's an awesome laptop. :)

Thank you once again.
Roger

Hi Roger,

Glad the gifts turned up OK, and that they are of use of course!

Also very nice to hear that you perception of the unit is "awesome" - please keep us posted and if you have any questions, please do let us know.

Best Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Anyone know when the UHD version will be available to buy in the UK and the price vs the FHD version? Trying to figure out if it's worth the wait :D.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom