Gigabyte Aorus FO27Q3

Associate
Heavily considering pairing my LG C3 42 with this baby. Rtings is finishing their review on it, so it should be published next week. I am going to treat it as a final buying decision piece.
Unfortunately there are not many reviews on this monitor online, so if anyone has it and can share thier opinion I will appreciate it.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Finally pulled the trigger and bought the Aorus. Availibility is so poor that the monitor is supposed to be delivered in about 10 days as they are waiting for stock, but I don't mind. Nothing will ever beat waiting 4 months for availability and delivery of my first qd oled, the 34 inch DW which 2 years ago :cry:, so I am used to waiting.
Very curious how the Aorus compares to DW and C3 42. Decided to buy because of high Hz and compact size. Will put it on on my desk on an arm as my main for gaming/browsing and move the C3 to the side of the room for youtube and movie watching. Will share my impressions in 2 weeks if anyone is interested. Hopefully the panel comes defect free.

Meanwhile, I found a nice non-technical but detailed review on reddit, so check it out if you are interested:

Last edited:
Associate
OP
A few short observations (in random order) after a week with FO27Q3 (having previously owned AW3423DW and LG C3 42 for PC gaming on a 80cm deep desk):

- great compact size and build quality, no curve is a plus (not that there are any 27 inch curved monitors)

-absolutely buttery smooth display both on desktop and when gaming (I am one of those who see and feel difference between 120 and 144hz)

-qd oled colors are just superior (although I can really appreciate woled's more realistic/less saturated interpretation of displaying colors)

-monitor is inaudible (no fan) and the chasis doesn't make a sound (no crackling plastic, at least so far)

-great placement of monitor's power indicator compared to Alienware monitors, it can be turned off completely or you can set it to be on only when in standby

-surprisingly nice and clear sounding built in speakers (of course for a monitor)

-unfortunately the monitor power indicator doesn't blink or change color when doing pixel refresh, so the only way to know the pixel refresh took place is to look in the osd where it counts the times it has been done

-no issue with fringing, but I have never noticed it really

-vrr flicker is there, not in every game but it is there and coming from DW (with physical G-sync module) and C3, which both did not have it, is a bit of a let down, but can be mitigated so no worries

All in all, I am very happy with the screen, size and smoothness of this monitor. My main motivation when buying was the speed of it and it doesn't disappoint. Replaying games (single player gamer here) at 200fps and more is a blast. Next step in, I think, 2 or 3 years will be a very high refresh 4k 27 or 4k 32 but I am going to take it slowly and enjoy this one for the time being.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom