Gigabyte Aorus X870e pro ice

Associate
Morning,

Having massive issues after switching to new mobo.

Does anyone know what the light means next to the GDV pin on Gigabyte X870E? I can’t insert a pic sorry.

It’s either green or orange. It’s not mentioned in manual. Trying to fault find my system .

Story is:

Had to change to a new motherboard after a warranty item was no longer in stock.

Built the pc and no power. Been fault finding for 10 hours so any help appreciated.

Build:

Corsair 5000x QL case

Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Aorus X870e pro ice

7900XTX hellhound

Corsair RM 850 PSU

Corsair H150i cooler

DDR 5 Kingston fury RAM 2 x16GB

Actions so far:

- reseated motherboard,

- checked grounding motherboard

- disconnected and reconnected all cables including PSU

- tried without GFX fitted

- tried single module of each RAM stick

- PSU passed paperclip test

- tried powering / resetting from white buttons on motherboard.

- motherboard connected using two 8 pins.

- gfx connected with two separate cables.

- checked plug sockets etc.

What’s happening:

- absolutely nothing. No de bug codes on display, is an exclamation on AIO display. Possibly a small orange light but that stays on after power removed unless capacitors? Is green light when GGX installed. Definitely not the CPU/memory etc they are in a bank a separate light by the debug display. This is the only life on the mobo.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

thank for reply. Yes it’s next to the RGB header, but it’s not the group of 4 light for the VGA/ Boot etc. it’s to the right and below, number 10 on the next page. So stumped

I've no idea about the light I'm afraid, but if the CPU is working then I can only imagine you have another dead motherboard.

There's a small possibility of dead RAM or dead PSU (they can turn on and not work).

I assume you're using the same PSU as before? Just mentioning that because PSU cables are not compatible between different models.

You could take a pic of your build and the PSU's modular panel, just to get a second pair of eyes to check you haven't missed something.
Thanks. Yeah same PSU and new cables exactly same just different colour. Tried old cables to be sure. I have pics but getting them on here is a hard task from a phone (ironically) but will try and figure again tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom