Gigabyte G5-KC RMA Experience

Associate
As the title states, I wanted to share my RMA experience for my G5-KC. So it may help others.

The screen of the laptop has gone off suddenly while i was playing Darkest Dungeon and never turn on again.

Tested it with connecting it to an external monitor, everything works properly except the internal monitor.

I have sent the unit for repair to Mend-it as the Gigabyte representative directed and today, I received the following answer from the Mend-It representative

”We have received your unit however Gigabyte have advised that the warranty is void due to the security seals on the thermal module have been broken and it looks like the customer has applied their own thermal compound.

Please kindly advise if you would like a quote. If not we would require payment of £60 including VAT to cover inspection and carriage”

I have sent a mail to Gigabyte to get more details on the subject and now, I am waiting a response from Gigabyte on why thermal repaste voids the warranty and how a faulty screen is related with thermal paste.

I will update the thread as soon as I get an answer

Alternatively, I would really appreciate if @GIGA-Man can clarify the subject

Update: Initially, Gigabyte ignored my query and tried to redirect me to Mend-it. After i have insisted that i need more details on the subject, i have been told that there isn't a service/contact from Gigabyte that can inform me on this subject...

TLDR: After 1 month, i gave up and paid 60£ to receive my laptop unrepaired.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom