gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R Intel X58 1.6 looping issues

Associate
hi guys have a problem with my new mpotherboard that i have brought fromk here i will try and explain the best way i can what my problem is hopefully someone here should be able to help me out

problem product: gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R Intel X58 1.6

basically my pc will boot up for about 2 the 3 seconds the fan will kick in and then power down and then start up again and then loop these stages for a good 6- 10 times sometimes will even take longer depending how much its wants to frustrate me after PC finally boots into windows it works like a dream.

:) in this time of loop it doesnt post into bios and nothing is shown on sreen i have tried a number of things which incluce change memory and changed a few tweaks in the bios altough i probably ever done it right as i dont have 1st hand experience in doing this please could someone give me some pointers on how to correct this here is all my product detaiils.

OCZ Platinum 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 PC3-10666C7 1333MHz Triple Channel (OCZ3P1333LV6GK)

Intel Core i7 920 D0 Stepping (SLBEJ) 2.66Ghz (Nehalem) (Socket LGA1366) - OEM
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R Intel X58 (Socket 1366) DDR3 Motherboard

ATI RADEON 4870 1GB PCI

OCZ Stealth XStream 600W PSU - SLI Ready ATX2.2 12cm Fan

i have also updated my bios and i get the same issues :(

any help would be so lovely as this problem is really getting on my nerves.

thank you

Hey,

You have the same spec as me, I bought my bundle from overclockers about a week and half ago and have the same issue; mine however only posted once. but i restarted to get into the bios as it went straight into trying to load an OS. And now it just loops infinitely. I am going to RMA and get an Asus A6T. Everything has been tested, Ram PSU (OCZ 700w) etc. After looking on other sites and this one, its far too common with this range. Sorry i cant help, but there a LOTs of folks in the same boat.

Other option is to get your memory timings back to the original. I think if you ask O.C they can resend you the Bios that was on it. It seems the Gigabyte is too sensitive to ram voltage, timings, etc. And that can cuase the reset issue.

also, dont get me wrong, I am sure lots of folks are happy with this board, its just if you get a bad 'un, it can be a pain in the nuts. I have spent a week getting people to test my other bits of kit as well as testing various parts myself.

thanks guys for your help i have actually now solved this problem it appear to be my wirless card in my PCI slot that was causing this problem i left it out of my rig over night and when i went to power on the PC it booted first time inot windows no reboots at all and i made sure to power down fully and disconnect from the electral socket to make sure no power was going into manchine so it was a really cold boot so guys check ur other items it may be the case i also had my mobo RMA by overclockers and they sent it back with no problems what a wast of £21 pounds lol

Back
Top Bottom