Gigabyte GA-EX58 UD5

Associate
Ten years since I was active on the forum, how the time flies. My build of that time is still running well but here comes Win11 and the dreaded "not compatible" messages so here's my questions:
Is it possible to enable TPM in my Bios ? I have searched everywhere, expected to find it in "Peripherals" - Intel Platform Trust Tech" (as advised by a site on the net) but no go.
Has anyone succeeded with this, thanks ?

As above there are guides to bypass the requirements for TPM/Secure Boot and CPU requirements.

Found this one:

1. Go to the official Microsoft website to download the Windows 11 ISO file.

2. Use tools like Windows Media Creation Tool to create a bootable Windows 11 USB drive from the ISO file.

3. Boot your PC from the USB drive and start the Windows 11 installation process. Follow the prompts until you reach the screen where it says your PC can't run Windows 11.

4. Press Shift + F10. This key combination opens a Command Prompt window during the installation process.

5. In the Command Prompt, type regedit and press Enter to open the Registry Editor. Now, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup.

6. Right-click on the Setup key, select New > Key, and name it LabConfig. Inside the LabConfig key, create new DWORD (32-bit) Value entries with the following names and values:

BypassTPMCheck and set its value to 1.
BypassSecureBootCheck and set its value to 1.
Create BypassCPUCheck and set its value to 1.

7. Close Registry Editor and the Command Prompt, then continue with the installation process. The setup should now bypass Windows 11 system requirements.
Interesting username - I've still got one in the attic somewhere.
OK, I fell at the last fence not realizing my 80yr old brain has crystalized somewhat since I was last into repairing computers for a hobby and have a problem completing the last stage of the regedit - creating the new DWORD entries inside the LabConfig key. A bit of steerage would be appreciated for this.
At this point if it works or not is not really an issue as I am just happy to get my hands-on again and if a new build is around the corner no problem.
Thanks to everyone who has taken an interest :)

Finally got around to upgrading to Win11 yesterday, using Rufus and the regedit componant :-
It took several hours - started at noon approx and finished sorting itself out at 22;30.
I don't notice any improvement in performance which is to be expected, just some small changes in appearance, re-arrangements and additions I am unlikely to use but at least I have the Security Support for a few more years.
For info it's a Gigabyte GA-EX58 Mobo, Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield CPU, Gigabyte HD-7870 Graphics, maxed out memory but forget marque.

Back
Top Bottom