• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gigabyte Graphics Card RMA Procedure?

Associate
Hi all,

To cut a long story short, I have a faulty GTX1080 purchased just over two years ago. It has a duff fan, that makes an awful noise.

I have contacted Gigabyte UK RMA who have been really quick in replying; however have got to a point where they are requiring one of the following three things:

A) Post the item to them at my expense and pay a £15 'processing fee' to RMA the item (they say it is to cover return postage)
B) Pay for postage to and from Gigabyte UK to RMA the item
C) Drop off and collect from their UK RMA office

I am not looking to grumble; however is this typical RMA procedure? The best I have experienced previously is collection and return paid for by the manufacturer. With the second best being pay for postage one way. Maybe I am too spoiled by other graphics card manufacturers in the past (EVGA & MSI)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks all for the advice. Amazon are refusing to assist. Gigabyte have accepted the RMA however its looking like £30 for insured postage there and back. Seems cheaper to buy a replacement fan set and repair myself. Really not impressed with paying postage both ways on an RMA and wont be buying gigabyte products again as a result.

Associate
OP
What I'm wondering is under the sale of goods act, is it lawfull for a company to charge you two way delivery charges on their faulty products?

My GB 2070 WF went space invaders on me and got GB mail regarding the ~£30(guessing it's ~£15 to post it to GB UK) two way post cost replacement direct from GB!

The place I bought it from gave me a DPD pickup drop off so it cost nothing, but have been informed it'll take up to 4 weeks for repair/replacement after the space invader fault was described as 'black screen after driver installation'.

@GIGA-Man whether you pass this down the chain or not, I won't be making any future GB purchases unless they work out £30 ish quid cheaper than the alternative to factor in possible costs further down the line.

If Amazon would have been willing to act on my behalf with Gigabyte I would have been more than happy. I just do not believe it is fair that I suffer the two way return costs for a faulty product sold with a three year warranty. The worst I would have expected is one way cost.

Using the cheapest service (Hermes) with adequate insurance the cost to post is £15 one way (so £30 two ways). The alternative is to post it one way and pay Gigabyte a 'processing fee' which is an additional £20 for them to post it back.

@GIGA-Man If you could chime in on this it would be appreciated. I am in the ludicrous position of choosing not to make use of my warranty and purchasing a T128010SU fan from China and carrying out the repair myself as it is cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom