Gigabyte M28U Release Date

Associate
OP
I've placed a pre-order and also asked this question via webnote and received the below response:

Thanks for the webnote!

We currently do not have an ETA for when more of this item will arrive, if you would like to amend or cancel your order please get in touch!

Regards,

Tom M

Which is somewhat frustrating! I assume it's a question of stock availability like everything else in high demand at the moment (GPU's etc)
Thanks for getting back to me with the details from the webnote.

Associate
OP
I started this thread but haven't been receiving updates on it since my reply months back. Ironically.

Looks like I've missed out on two batches already.
Any ideas when the next batch may be due?

Associate
OP
Nothing, it was just a return.

It had all cables, it had all manuals, nothing was damaged, no dead pixels and all packaging.

Sure, not every one will be like this in clearance. But then you’ve got 14 days to return if your not happy.

Plus if it is physically damaged they’ll arrange to pick it up for you.

Appreciate your replies.

Really makes me curious why it was returned.
Just seen EsaT message too. Which makes sense.

Associate
OP
Once tweaked colors are fine, for some reason gamma is turned off on most profiles by default.

I’ve not noticed any backlight bleed while gaming but happy to do a quick test and post some photos up if you want.

A good review going into colour and brightness can be found below;

https://youtu.be/xnJjuQdQiyo

Yep. Watched that review a few weeks back and a couple more times since we started talking about it .

Rtings also have a great review on it.
https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/gigabyte/m28u

I'll be using it with my PS5, so other draw back I've seen is that the PS5 restricts it to 4:2:0 colour output.

May I ask what you use on it? PS5, XBOX or PC?

Associate
OP
Dang, harder to take shots like this than I thought :D but managed to get my setup almost pitch black however iPhone seem to try and adapt so I’ve taken some with various light levels.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0ipBydF89W4BUCWovuo0s5E3w

It looks worse in the pictures than it is in real life, think this shows with the shots with some more light in the room.
Thanks for the pictures. It is always tricky getting a real idea about backlight bleed / IPS glow with photos. Always looks worse.

Associate
OP
Noticed from your pictures.

I've replied prior to seeing that you posted pictures.

Couple things holding me back from pulling the trigger is the fact that I run a dual 27" LG monitor setup - and the gigabyte is 28"...so my OCD won't cope! Cosmetic I know!

Lastly, I am trying to justify getting it for my PS5 as I'm not sure how many games will be running at 4k 144hz. Currently most run at 4k 60fps...

Really appreciate all your feedback.

Back
Top Bottom