Gigabyte M32Q / FI32Q

Associate
Hi there

What class IPS panel is used in Gigabyte M32Q and FI32Q monitor ? I've heard that Gigabyte quality went down and stuck/dead pixels are common thing. If I was going to buy one of the mentioned monitors and on arrival I found a stuck/dead pixel or two - would it qualify as faulty on arrival, would you replace it or could I swap to a different model or brand if that was the case. Can you please tell me how would you approach this matter.

Thank you

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Ok,

Mentioned ISO standard in link above is now:
- ISO_9241#ISO-9241-302,_303,_305,_307:2008_pixel_defects - -"which renders ISO 13406-2 obsolete "

Knowing this we can learn from this website - about different classes of identification

So the Innolux panel with semi wide gamut falls in which of those identification classes ?

Now, I'm assuming/guessing from the link provided by @EsaT to gigabyte site, that M32Q with stuck/dead pixels would be identified as class 1 but FI32Q with the same would be class 0 - btw I do wonder why ? both uses same Innolux panel, as I have learned here
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHpNPRYNpcc&t=929s&ab_channel=HardwareUnboxed.

if I was going to buy M32Q and I end up getting one with stuck/dead pixels would my only option then be to return - "You are however still eligible to return the monitor as unwanted within the first 14 days if you’re not happy with the product."

Please advise.

Kind regards.
Gregor

Last edited:
Caporegime
Why would anyone buy a gigabyte monitor if they allow bright pixels when you could buy a dell.
dell still allow dark pixels though.

in the UK you can get a refund within 14 days no questions asked anyway, with he expectations you would get to examine the monitor like in a shop.
which would surely count being able to see that monitor on display and working.

just say "I don't like it"

Soldato
I have an M32Q and I have no issues with it, no defects of any sort, the KVM is excellent and so very useful and having a Type-C connector with 'some (15w)' power delivery is very useful. I really can't fault it. It's fast, has good contrast for an IPS panel, it's well calibrated out of the box and is over all a good quality and subjectively pleasing display to use, speakers actually aren't terrible either if you need them just for Youtube or whatever, I wouldn't recommend them for gaming or listening to music but if you typically use headphones for these things and just want to not wear headphones for a bit they are good enough in my opinion that you can forgo separate speakers.

Although not directly related to this monitor, what I would say is I'm personally not actually sold on the 32" formfactor with 1440P resolution though, I do notice a loss in sharpness compared to a 27" monitor with the same resolution so a tighter pixel pitch, but that really depends what I am doing as to how noticeable that is and not having a 27" 1440P monitor right next to it to compare to would also reduce the effect of this, I've got an LG 27GN850 next to it and you can see it is sharper, but, such a configuration is also useful for showing how good the contrast is on the Innolux panel the Gigabyte uses compared to LG's nano IPS. On the other hand you get a more immersive experience when gaming on the M32Q as it's just much bigger. If you want a large format fast IPS panel, I recommend it. In a nutshell, I think the 32" 1440P in general works best for gaming but 27" 1440P is better for working with text.

Yes you can return one you are not happy with, first thing I do when I unbox a new monitor (this happens a lot as I have a bit of a 'habbit') after checking for physical damage is I run though a dead pixel and subpixel check on red, green, blue, black and white backgrounds and use the black background to check backlight bleed and panel uniformity too, if I'm not happy with all of those things it's going back. You can find a handy tool for these checks here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom