GIGABYTE M32U issue

Associate
Hello All.

So I've had this monitor since December and it's been great with no issues until now.

I've noticed an issue that started this week where I turn on my PC and the monitors screen briefly comes on and when it's about to actually get to the login screen it loses signal.

To get it to actually work I either have to disconnect and reconnect the HDMI 2.1 cable on the monitor or at the GPU (either one will get it working again)

If I just restart the PC there's no issues but the issue is when you actually powering up the PC

I thought at first that the only changes on my PC was an Windows Update and a Nvidia GPU driver update

I uninstalled the Windows Update ---- No change to the issue

I completely cleaned installed the latest 3080 drivers ---- No change to the issue

So now I'm looking at the monitor, I change the HDMI cable ---- No change to the issue

I connect my PC to my actual TV and no issues at all

I did a firmware update yesterday on the monitor hoping that might fix it, no luck

Has anyone experienced something like this before or am I in trouble with this monitor?

Associate
OP
phew I found the issue and it's bizarre

System > Power & sleep > Additional power settings > Choose what the power buttons do > Change settings that are currently unavailable > check "Turn on fast startup (recommended)"

Once I enabled this

All working

This setting was never enabled and all of a sudden these issue started? Very strange.

I only suspect that due to the Windows Update on the 11th caused this to happen

Soldato
I've just started encountering this issue too. Started this week and looking at my power settings, that setting was already enabled. Atleast it isnt/wasn't just me and I'll keep seeing if I can fix mine.

Soldato
If you have the setting disabled in the BIOS (Usually under boot settings) i believe it doesnt show in the power options in windows.

However i do find that Fast Boot can be more trouble that its worth and have had systems, admittedly normally laptops but it has happened a few times on desktops, that it can cause corruption of the bootmanager/startup files and screw your copy of windows up and a reinstall is only the way to get it back up and running.

Soldato
Ok so update from me aswell on this, I've now had this happen but the trigger was Windows 11, I have two systems and I updated one to Windows 11 a few weeks back and it started doing exactly this with my M32Q and only with that, I tried 3 other monitors and they a were all fine, never happened with my M32Q before and it does not happen on the other, still Windows 10 system either. I haven't switched the system back to Windows 10 as the display I usually use the system I updated on is actually my LG CX OLED in my living room and it's fine with that I just bought it into my office where I use the M32Q to do said update so discovered this by chance really as I could just aswell of done it there tbh, my main system which is Ryzen 9, Aorus B550 board and an RTX 3070 has no issues with it and this is the system the M32Q is usually used with, my other system the one that started having an issue is a Ryzen 7 also on an Aorus B550 with an RX 6700XT. Fast Startup is turned off for my main system the one without the issue on Windows 10, however Fast Startup is actually enabled for the system with the issue, so totally the opposite way around to the suggestions here, I will try and turn it off and try the W11 system with the M32Q again, just not right now as I can't be bothered to unplug it all and move it right now, perhaps at the weeked. Interesting this should just start happening like that with an OS update though, I guess it could be the OS change itself or it could be that my fast startup settings was changed when I updated the OS, but as I said it would have been the other way around, from Off to On that caused me an issue. Thing is, I cannot be certain if I had fast startup on or not before updating to Windows 11, I usually turn it off when I think about it when I do builds but on that particular system I may not have done, as I don't really mess with it too much, just turn it on play some games and turn it off.

Soldato
Oh I never had any fruther issues myself after a clean install. No idea what caused it tbh but the Gigabyte has probably been the most consistently problem free monitor I have had in many years, it just works.

Associate
Oh I never had any fruther issues myself after a clean install. No idea what caused it tbh but the Gigabyte has probably been the most consistently problem free monitor I have had in many years, it just works.
I didn't try to reinstall windows. Just turned off input auto switch and it worked for me. Monitor still loses signal when PC shows authorisation screen, but at least signal comes back in 3-5 seconds now, so I don't need to re-plug HDMI cable.
With DisplayPort this problem doesn't apper at all, but DP has another issue - monitor can lose signal for a second while you using it, when FPS is getting high values around 144hz. This problem is much more annoying, thats why I prefer HDMI 2.1 with it's bigger bandwith.

Back
Top Bottom