Gigabyte P34W V5-CF2

Associate
nobody_230,

Before Atom kick-in and promise for replacing the laptop, I have sent a webnote to OcUK. However that guy only tell me to contact Gigabyte Europe but nothing helped!

So I contact with Gigabyte Europe, sent them the same Youtube video, and they reply me 2 days later with "double check if the BIOS / EC version in your laptop" as answer!

I'm not a junior-level computer user, it is totally a crap answer!

Honestly, I doubt it will be an unpleasant after-sale service experience from OcUK and Gigabyte-Europe, just hopefully not ....

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
I just receive the email now. So I just sent in the laptop without other accessories (e.g. charger, driver disk)?

Is that you will refund me the shipping cost?

Hi davidkwan,

You should return the whole unit, with all accessories in the original retail packaging....

OcUK collect the unit, and there isn't a cost to you,

Please communicate directly with Ocuk on CS thread if you have further questions.

Reading you other post above, there should be no need to communicate with anyone else at Gigabyte Europe and our understanding is you raise the issue yesterday, we gave solution and advise to raise request in CS thread, which you did, and this morning OcUK raise RMA for you.

You will get the support and service you need, right here. We speak directly to OcUK service manager to ensure our customers are looked after all the time. And they are.

Thanks

Atom80

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Davidkwan,

Ahh ok fare enough. Yeah I never contacted Gigabyte directly I went straight through Atom to resolve my issues. I find Forum support and social media technical support much more willing to fix your issues or deal with you than the direct technical support. I do the same thing with all companies these days when I have an issue that needs fixing. a quick moan on a forum or on social media and the your issues is resolved immediately. Or alternatively an hour phone call wait or emails back and forth with technical support directly only to be treated like and idiot. I'm sure now Atom is on the case it will get resolved swiftly for you

How are you liking the device other than that? finding any issues or suggested tweaks at all?

Ive only started playing with it for the last few days but I'm very happy. I do find it runs hotter than previouse laptops I have had but nothing as bad as I was worried about. Probably getting 34c on normal use and 55c while gaming.

I have undervolted the cpu a little though and tweaked the power options to decrease temps with out causing any decrease in performace and quality. I also play most my games and do most my work on battery. If I'm pluged in the temps increase by about 10c

Associate
Davidkwan,

Ahh ok fare enough. Yeah I never contacted Gigabyte directly I went straight through Atom to resolve my issues. I find Forum support and social media technical support much more willing to fix your issues or deal with you than the direct technical support. I do the same thing with all companies these days when I have an issue that needs fixing. a quick moan on a forum or on social media and the your issues is resolved immediately. Or alternatively an hour phone call wait or emails back and forth with technical support directly only to be treated like and idiot. I'm sure now Atom is on the case it will get resolved swiftly for you

The laptop is good except the points I mentioned in another post. I satisfy with it, a pretty good price rig with powerful hardware and finish. I didn't regret picking this laptop even some minor problem occurred at the moment. I will still recommend anyone who look for a mini gaming rig should give a try on Gigabyte.

What I will suggest is that a more clear instruction about how to contact with OcUK. There are "WebNote" section at the Support page, it is straight forward to make contact there at first glance... However my experience told me that "WebNote" is not a good idea and point me to somewhere even more useless ....

Back
Top Bottom