gigabyte P34W V5 improvement

Associate
I would have some more comment for this laptop and hopefully Gigabyte could make improvement:

1. Touchpad - The touchpad tracking is great, but taping and muti-finger scroll got problem. The single tap is not working sometime. I have been play around with the sensitive setting inside the ELAN tools but it doesn't really help. The situation is, sometime there are no action if tapping the touchpad. I could see the tapping is successful in the ELAN system tray icon (shows blue dots), however there are no tapping action taken. And also, the multi-finger scroll got some problem. The scroll keep slightly shaking/vibration when you hold your two-finger on the pad. The only way to get rid of the shake is that you touch your finger tips "harder" to increase the touching sensation area.... that's really trouble!

2. Spacebar - I think it is because of the mechanism inside the spacebar, tapping the bottom edge of the spacebar mostly fail to trigger the action. You have to tap it very hard at the bottom edge, or, change move your thumb and tap the center or top edge of the space bar.... it is frustrating!

3. The laptop don't follow exactly the sleep setting in the power plan and it keeps stay awake most of the time. If the OneDrive is enabled in (Task Manager> StartUp), the system will not goto sleep. If it is disabled, sleep function works properly.

I have updated my BIOS and all driver to latest, also update the win10 to 10586

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom