• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gigabyte RMA help

Man of Honour
It's going to be the same with any second hand card. The only warranty is with the original buyer and most times you have to go through the retailer that the card was purchased from and they will only deal with the original buyer. Getting the original receipt is worthless as it still doesn't make you the original buyer. It will have the wrong name and address on it and more importantly if there is a refund to be made it will go on the card that was originally used to purchase the item. If buying second hand you may as well face up to the fact that you have no warranty unless the person you have purchased it from is the original buyer and willing to help. Most of us on here who use the members market are more than willing to help their buyers if something should fail but on Ebay I would say the majority wouldn't want to know. The OP was lucky this time.

Caporegime
I purchased a 3070 TI FTW 3 from the Market Place and even though I was told I'd have the invoice just incase anything went wrong, I never did and the seller pretty much vanished. Luckily the FTW 3 was an awesome card to the point of me upgrading and selling it on at just under £100 loss to pay for the 4080 :) - I however will never buy a GPU through Marketplace again, the chance of the warranty not being transferrable etc is not worth the risk

Soldato
I purchased a 3070 TI FTW 3 from the Market Place and even though I was told I'd have the invoice just incase anything went wrong, I never did and the seller pretty much vanished. Luckily the FTW 3 was an awesome card to the point of me upgrading and selling it on at just under £100 loss to pay for the 4080 :) - I however will never buy a GPU through Marketplace again, the chance of the warranty not being transferrable etc is not worth the risk

Do you need a invoice with evga? Im sure they just use the serial.

Back
Top Bottom