My specs:

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P500-A
MOBO: Gigabyte z690 Aorus Ultra
CPU: Intel i7-12700k
Gfx Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 VISION OC 12GB
RAM: Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum DDR5 (5600Mhz) 2x16GB
HD: Seagate Firecude 2TB SSD M.2
PSU: Corsair RM850 850W 80+ Gold

Hi, firstly I should say this is a new build and has never been booted (succesfully) yet.

My current problem is that there is "No Signal" to my monitor via HDMI on the Gfx Card BUT it does recognise that the cable is in; just that there is no signal.

I also don't have power to my rear or front I/O and I don't know why.

I have checked my motherboards capability and it says it supports DDR5 RAM up to 4800 Mhz *but with XMP it should support the RAM I'm using. (I just can't enable XMP cos I can't boot. or at least can't see if it has because no signal)

Is the RAM causing a problem that stops HDMI signal and or the power to I/Os?

The other thing it could be is that somehow my Graphics card is not sending a signal? I will have to test my old card on this setup.

Thank you for any answers or information about this!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Are all the PSU cables definitely fully plugged in?
Everything is plugged in correctly it is in my belief a component acting up.
Check all power cables and reseat the gpu, check the motherboard for any bent pins. Also try one stick of memory
I have done all this but is it a solution to use my old graphics card to see if it boots then? As I haven't tried that.

Associate
OP
Okay I tried the old GPU (which definitely works in another system) and it also received no signal.

Also I am getting a "C1" error on the Mobo LED, is this a problem that can prevent a boot?
DSCF5798.jpg

Here also is what the Gfx card looks like etc when I turn it on
DSCF5793.jpg

And finally here is the difference between No HDMI plugged in and HDMI plugged in on the monitor.
DSCF5791.jpg
DSCF5792.jpg
Is any of this clear as to a particular problem? I am stuck thinking whether it must be the Motherboard itself or the CPU? *UNLESS C1 error does prevent a boot.

Associate
OP
IF you use the jumper you don't need to remove the battery no.
Okay I tried this twice and I still get the same "No Signal" on the Monitor. There are no beeps from the motherboard or anything.
As far as using a USB stick for QFlash my motherboard is not receiving power to those ports so I don't think it would be possible?

Is there a particular piece of hardware (Maybe the motherboard itself?) that is causing all my issues that it would just be easier to replace?

I bought everything on Amazon btw.

Associate
OP
Is that just the 'boot' LED lit up in the picture or one of the other ones?
Yeah it is the boot LED indicator.

Does the CPU fan spin up when you try to power the system up?
Yeah all fans are running, the GPU fans shut down after a second which is apparently normal until they reach appropriate temp.

just the CPU, GPU and RAM, literally nothing else.
Apart from the M.2 SSD and PSU that is all I'm using anyway, would this be to test something particular?

Associate
OP
Okay I tried unplugging all extra stuff then rebooting to see if that was the problem.
Here is a picture to show what I had plugged in and what I tested removing. (It is possible you know better than me that I don't have something in that I should have)
MOBOManual1.jpg
Also upon reading the MOBO Manual further I found this page and this particular light is on. Is this a clear indication that my RAM is faulty?
MOBOManual2.jpg

Associate
OP
Insert the usb drive in the correct flash port and press the fkaah button
I will try this tomorrow morning thank you.

Supposing it doesn't work what is the remaining fault? Having to replace motherboard?

Given the D-RAM LED fault showing, is there any possibility that replacing the RAM could be the only problem? AFAIK that shouldn't prevent boot or deny power to the I/Os?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Have you taken the CPU out and inspected the socket yet?
Yeah, it's intel so at least as far as I can tell there's nothing obviously wrong.
As a small update I have also tried now Display Port and get no signal on that either through my new card, on-board graphics or my friends (confirmed working) card.
I think I will take the RAM to a PC shop to have it tested and if it is okay I will then replace the motherboard, what do you think?

Back
Top Bottom