Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro No SATA Ports

Soldato
i was installing 2x extra HDDs to this PC , 1x already in system, turn PC on and none of them show in windows or bios, just left the original HDD in and still not showing, checked cables, tried a different PSU , still nothing. Only the Boot M.2 works none of the 6 Sata ports.

Is it possible a faulty HDD could have killed all the SATA ports?

i was installing 2x extra HDDs to this PC , 1x already in system, turn PC on and none of them show in windows or bios, just left the original HDD in and still not showing, checked cables, tried a different PSU , still nothing. Only the Boot M.2 works none of the 6 Sata ports.

Is it possible a faulty HDD could have killed all the SATA ports?
Do you hear anything from the drives at all? regardless of them being detected they should spin up once getting power.

Do you have another PC or caddy to test the drives in to make sure they are not dead?

Do you hear anything from the drives at all? regardless of them being detected they should spin up once getting power.

Do you have another PC or caddy to test the drives in to make sure they are not dead?

I cant recall hearing the normal noises. yes i have caddys for 3.5/2.5 i will give that a try as well , at least that will isolate the issue a bit further. I will also try another HDD that hasnt been plugged into this system. I was using a SATA power splitter for all 3 drives and i guess there is a small possibility that killed them. (i tried after without the splitter and non of the drives showed in windows)

i will look again later when im home

Make sure they're not disabled in the BIOS (the SATA ports, I mean).

FYI: If you have a PCI-E/SATA M.2 drive in M2M, SATA 4 and 5 are disabled. If you have a SATA M.2 drive in M2A, SATA 1 is disabled.

RAID mode enabled can also cause problems with getting drivers recognised in some of these old systems.

Make sure they're not disabled in the BIOS (the SATA ports, I mean).

FYI: If you have a PCI-E/SATA M.2 drive in M2M, SATA 4 and 5 are disabled. If you have a SATA M.2 drive in M2A, SATA 1 is disabled.

RAID mode enabled can also cause problems with getting drivers recognised in some of these old systems.
no wont be anything like that, i had one working, all went to poop when i added 2 more, i wonder if the sata splitter cable i was using shorted something (it was on a molex). gonna try the drives in a caddy shortly

ok so none of the drives work in a caddy.. another drive i hadnt used with this splitter cable works in PC. so splitter cable killed the drives. (nothing on them luckily)
that's a pain, at least it didn't take out the board as well.

Do the new 2 x HDDs work or are they dead as well?

Back
Top Bottom