Gigabyte Z77M-D3H is OC useless ?

Associate
Gigabyte Z77M-D3H is OC useless ? *Sorted*

Just assembled i5 onto Z77M-D3H board.
Started looking at options to underclock it - not a chance.
Everything is locked to auto EVERYWHERE, cant change anything.
Intel TurboBoost is all on auto, multipliers/voltages non adjustable...

I don't get it. Either i'm doing something wrong ir this board is absolutely useless if you want to tinker with power/speed settings... Why put it there if its non adjustable?

If i'm wrong - good, if i'm right - 87 quid +delivery for this board is absolutely unacceptable...

Please make me wrong, i really don't want to wait and pay for another return/delivery...

EDIT1 - Bios updated from F4 to F9... No change...

EDIT2 Tl;dr - Use +/- and Pu/Pd to change numeric values. Numpad value entering works in some places too...

EDIT3 - Also, apparently, there is no manual VCORE control on this board... Still researching this...

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Its an UEFI board, i've tried the F1 method only to be returned to the stupid "3D bios" graphical interface.

The F1 trick did work on my old P35-DS3R...

I'll try it again, but i dont expect it to work...

EDIT1 - nope, neither SHIFT+F1, CTRL+F1 nor ALT+F1 work. Just returns to the "3D bios" gui...

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Right...

CPU is i5 3570k, so supposed to be unlocked.
Absolutely no cpu core features can be changed, IBT multipliers, Power settings (cpu max wattage), CPU clock ratio...

It's a right headscrather...

Associate
OP
Soooo, i AM wrong... good...

It also makes me a bit of an idiot. Most what is numeric value can be changed from AUTO to something else with +/-. This breaks with most of what i know about different bioses. Usually if you press ENTER on anything AUTO you get the list of things to change to, or you get numeric input window... Todays lesson is - dont get too set in your ways...

At the moment i consider this matter closed. Off to underclock for better power savings.

Also, just a side note, some reviews point out inability to change vcore manually... I'll report back...

Associate
OP
About 3d bios - its pretty useless. I mean its so...hmm... limited in what you can do using it, it makes me wonder why use it at all. And by extension, why include it.

If you're messing in bios, you wont be using it... And if you cant use proper bios you're not supposed to be looking at any of it anyway. (in the light of my original post - oh the irony :D )

Associate
OP
There is no option for vcore at all. Only DRAM voltage can be adjusted.
I'm not happy about this one thing in particular in regards of this board...

I wanted to undervolt/underclock it...

EDIT1 - In advanced Voltage Settings - Only DRAM voltage is present, no other options are shown there...

Last edited:
Associate
OP
No, 3D reflects some options that are available in full bios, which at present seem to lack any vcore control... Only DRAM voltage controls are in 3D...

Associate
OP
As i was saying, "MIT/Adv V Settings" only shows DRAM voltage control. One, single one, nothing else is there...
Logically it should be in this page, yes, but its just not there...

Went though whole bios, page by page, found nothing that resembles vcore control...

Associate
OP
I've cleared the bios once, even reflashed to newer version, that didnt help.

@Wazza3000: thats the thing - THERE IS NO SUCH THING, 3d or not...
The only thing related to cpu power is OVERVOLTAGE option, which can be AUTO, ENABLED or DISABLED. Thats it. And it doesnt change anything in regards of vcore/dvid...

Associate
OP
Correct. Thats how it looks on mine... And i thought that M in this case stands for MicroATX... FML...

EDIT1 - Easytune also DRAM only voltage control...

Associate
OP
Well, i'm RMA'ing the z77m-d3h.
What should i replace it with ? Same budget, Z77 ?

It absolutely has to be Micro ATX form factor...

Any thoughts on Asrock Z77 Pro4 M ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom