Gigabyte Z87X-SLI bios Downgrade

Associate
Hello again ive come hoping i can help some help with a odd situation ive put myself in.

As you can see from my sig my setup is only 2 years new. everything works perfect apart from when i try to overclock. Now im posing this here as the problem is with the mobos bios.

When i first built and setup the system it was running like a dream, stablest error free than ever before. The cpu was OC to 3 saved profiles.

1- 4.4ghz auto everything XMP1 2400mhz ram

2- 4.5ghz 1.25v rest auto XMP1 2400mhx

3- 4.7ghz 1.31v rest auto ram set to stable settings with lower cas etc

All 3 profiles ran perfectly i could bench prime 95 all day long and various others with no hicups bsods crashes... nothing i couldnt believe my luck. Then like a numpty i decided to update the bios to the newest one as i was reading a lot of threads that people were claiming it was even more stable that the stock one so i (numpty) updated it to the newest beta and not the 2nd stable one which was f2 and as soon i had finished flashing it i reinstalled windows cleared cmos and reset my saved profile setting for the 4.4ghz oc and low and behold i got a bsod as soon i started to stress the cpu. so i tried a lower oc of just 4ghz and was the same, loads to windows fine the crashes or freezes and bsod.

Ive so far tried everything as this has been going on nearly 2 years. tried with 1 dimm every which way etc re-seat cpu, no gfx card 1 card switched everything you can possible do ive done. you can even through 1.3v with just a 100mhz oc with every differnt ram setting i can think of and bsod when the cpu gets stressed i even tried just adding a few mhz but if the cpu is not running at stock it will crash. but like i said before the bios update it was a dream overclock.

so my question after all that is (sorry for the wall o txt) is it possible to revert the motherboard back to its original bios? ive tried every which way but sunday to try and downgrade or reflash it but it will just not do it. qflash or @BIOS keeps telling me i cannot downgrade due to it being locked or something or other and Gigabyte them selfs claim it needs to be sent back to them to be done but i just dont have the time i work nights sometimes 16 hours or i would have rma it long ago if i cant get help from you guys i think i will just have to buy a new motherboard as its a crying shame to k series i5 and not overclock it. so suggestions on motherboards would be ideal too SLI a must.

Yet again thanks for looking.

Associate
I have the same board... I managed to downgrade the bios today, from F3C to F2. Let me know if you still care/are following this thread and I'll let you know how. I was also having instability issues. Basically I used Rufus to make a DOS bootable USB disk, then transferred over the automatic FPT files and the F2 bios file as bios.bin. Then it auto-flashed itself back to F2. The other methods all said it was not possible to downgrade.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom