Glastonbury 2024

Caporegime
Anyone actually going? It's my 15th one this year.

I saw somebody in the last thread commenting on drinks prices, but it's the only big UK festival I know of, that lets you take your own alcohol in and doesn't separate the camp sites from the festival site.

Not been for 11 years now (back when tickets were around £210), was epic every time I went. Just don't know if I could handle the mass standard camping and mud/**** these days.

15 - that's impressive! I might try a glamping version in the future with the wife.
Yeah, been to them all since 2004, except 2016 and that was intentional, and it turned out to be a complete mud-fest so dodged a bullet.

2005 and 2007 were bad though.

Last year we took a Quecha fresh and black inflatable and it was lush compared to previous tents, nice and dark in the morning and stays cooler

Weighs 14kg so but I use a trolley anyway.

Not going but I’ll be glued to the BBC coverage for most of the weekend. I so need to get there one year - I think it’s the last festival that someone of my age can still go to and not feel like everyone’s dad.
Oh yeah, the age range of ticket holders is huge. I don't feel too old for it at 42.

Whereas when I went to Creamfields in 2023 we were top 5% oldest there.

We're leaving at 5 a.m. Wednesday and expecting to arrive about 9:30 a.m. (185 miles)

Weather is looking good, a bit hot on Wednesday when you have to lug everything in, but good festival weather on the whole.

I've been there when it's been 32°C and when it's been a washout and both aren't nice.

I totally agree, but very often singers ( as do footballers) go on longer than they should. It’s not uncommon to see the legends slot at Glastonbury make me cringe compared to at their height. I thought Macca back in 2022 was decidedly ropey voice wise. Maybe we forgive those we like a bit more.
He was.

You can literally compare his 2004 set where I saw him first, against his 2022 set and the decline is huge.

So woke up at 6 a.m. this morning to pack up the tent and got back to the car about 8. Sat in the car park for half an hour but once we were away the journey was pretty smooth home.

The bands I managed to see (partially or full), were:

Thursday
Lambrini Girls
Showhawk Duo
Some random DJs late on Thursday night at Shangri La

Friday
Barry Can't Swim
Confidence Man
Dexys
LCD Sound system
Jaime xx

Saturday
Kneecap
High Vis
Cyndi Lauper
Last Dinner Party
Bloc Party
Lil Simz (happened to be sitting there)
Sleaford Mods
Disclosure

Sunday
New Dad
Mdou Moctar
Baxter Drury
Romy
The National

Bear in mind some of these choices are dictated by what my wife wants to see and also where we are at any particular time. It can take 30 mins to walk between stages and sometimes it's too much hassle.

Highlights for me were Confidence Man, LCD Sound System, Jamie XX, Bloc Party, Disclosure, Romy and The National.

According to my Samsung health app I walked 78 miles between Wednesday and Monday. My friends dispute this as, compared to their apple watches, I did about 25% more

I put this down to leg/stride length
I am 5' 10" and they are 6ft but despite being within 2" in height, I buy 'short' leg trousers/jeans and they take long so probably do bugger strides or something?

Other thoughts? The capacity increased by 10k in 2022 and another 7k this year and it's noticeably overcrowded now. There were a lot more crowd control people and unfortunately a lot more one way systems and it all felt a bit restrictive. Not like the Glastonbury of 'old'

That was compounded by putting acts on the wrong stages. Barry Can't Swim shouldn't have been at the park, Sugarbabes should have been on the other stage etc.

I just checked and capacity has actually increased by 30% since 2011 and the ticket price has gone up 136% in that same time.
Not to mention parking has also doubled in price.

They need to put the attendance back to 2019 levels at the very least IMO.

So yeah, a good time was had but it wasn't the best one I've been to by a long shot.

Last edited:
hopefully Ocean Colour Scene will come to iplayer but looking doubtful....

Theres a good selection of bands but gotta agree with the masses with the lack luster line up, this is probably one of the first years ive not found someone new to listen to.
BBC only have cameras on 5 stages:

Pyramid
Other
Park
West Holts
Woodies

OCS were on the acoustic stage where there are no cameras.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom