Glastonbury 2024

Soldato
I dunno if I'm getting old or into different music or whatever, but honestly, Sugarbabes?

They are awful live, no performance at all, can barely sing.

These guys were only really a second tier manufactured girl group when they were originally around, what, 20 years ago?

i thought they had all sorts there, the good, bad, ugly and everything in between

much of it i would certainly call alternative

Soldato
Also they got rid of Siobhàn, who was in the original three, who was quite frankly much fitter than the other two and that one from Liverpool who replaced her.

At least then you got eye candy.

Soldato
Also they got rid of Siobhàn, who was in the original three, who was quite frankly much fitter than the other two and that one from Liverpool who replaced her.

At least then you got eye candy.
Yeah, but it’s back to the original line up now with Siobhan.

The crowd was massive for their set, they apparently had to turn people away.

Last edited:
Soldato
Good shout, really enjoying this. Her music reminds me a bit of Fever Ray but less dance.
I have no idea what Fever Ray is/are like, but Aurora's latest album "What happened to the heart?" is mostly electronica and I love it.

I was very disappointed by the sound quality of that set. Barely any instrumentation/bass coming through except the drums.

Although I just mentioned how much I prefer her albums, this acoustic showcases her voice just a little bit. :p

Soldato
Dua hardly sung live at all, very disappointing. Pre recorded live auto tuned mimed performance. She’s more worried about dancing around than actually singing. I’m not fooled by this rubbish one bit.

Seems other are not impressed either

Last edited:
Associate
Dua hardly sung live at all, very disappointing. Pre recorded auto tuned mimed performance. She’s more worried about dancing around than actually singing. I’m not fooled by this rubbish one bit.

Seems other are not impressed either
Probably watching on BBC 1. Sound is dull compared to iplayer. Pretty sure she was singing mostly as her voice was slightly croaky

Soldato
Probably watching on BBC 1. Sound is dull compared to iplayer. Pretty sure she was singing mostly as her voice was slightly croaky

Nah

Nah just checked it out on iPlayer same thing. It’s so obvious when’s she jumping up and down, running around which quite frankly isn’t needed, should be all about the music first.

Last edited:
Soldato
Must admit she looks like she's miming now. A club music section has come on for a few minutes while she went off and had a dump / did a costume change and since coming back, it's different.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I watched the first 4 songs and she didn't mime for them all. One Kiss, idk, I wasn't focussing, got bored. But the before and after, nah. She sounded not great.

Associate
I've watched Squid, Heilung, Idles, and some of Aurora and King Krule's sets so far.

Missed PJ Harvey and the start of Fontaines DC, so I'll hope they become available on iPlayer.

Looking at the saturday schedule, I think I'll go for Bar Italia and The Last Dinner Party in the afternoon, and then The Breeders and Sleaford Mods for the evening. There are a couple of clashes I'd like to revisit there too (Mannequin P***y, Orbital). None of the final acts of the day particularly interest me, and I'd rather commit seppuku than watch Coldplay.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I think a few people in here might be confusing Dua Lipa miming with low level pre-recorded vocals/backing singers/faulty hearing aids, you could hear the stage echo, her breathing and a load of voice cracks while she was singing for most of last night.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom