Glastonbury...

Soldato
Is right around the corner now. Popping my Glasto cherry this year and heading down with a big group who've been quite a few times before so properly looking forward to letting my hair down for a few days and getting involved in everything thats going on!

Not keen on the weather forecast though but I guess you win some and you lose some!

Anyone else off here going this year?

Soldato
OP
Only eat at the vegetarian food tent.

Take a small radio, the festival has it's own radio station.

Bring a hat if it looks like being sunny/rainy.

Hiking socks, there is a lot of walking involved.

Staying in the county another day lets you get a shower at a hotel, rather than driving back stinking like a recently burnt cow pat.
But actually turning up at work the next day and being completely fazed by working taps is part of the experience.

Haha, got a hat packed and also a pack a mac.

I hadn't thought about the socks side of things. Ive got a pair of ones I used to wear for rugby which are padded around the feet a bit and also got a couple pairs of running socks which are pretty cushioned. Will make sure to pack them.

We've booked into a hotel on the Monday night just so we dont have to bail home straight away like you say. Can get a nice shower and a proper meal!

Soldato
OP
:D

Glad someone is on my wavelength. It's just too over hyped now. You get the a-list celebs who slum it in 10k yurts or 100k camper vans....*yawn*

Haha, no there won't be any of that. Been to plenty of festivals in UK and abroad so quite au fais with slumming it in a tent. Just never had the pleasure of Glastonbury!

Soldato
OP
Bring as few valuables as you can. Keep cash on you or when you're sleeping keep it opposite end to the tent door. Tent theft crime is unfortunately not uncommon at festivals.

Wont have anything of value on me really. Taking an old cruddy phone and don't plan on buying anything on site as we're taking all of our own ale and food etc so won't be carrying much cash.

Thats the plan anyway, whether that happens or not is another thing. Can imagine i'll get sick of the same beers after 5 days.

Good tip that though thanks!

Soldato
OP
Know when the tickets go live then f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5 until you connect..

Personally I'd just buy tickets from someone looking to make some money...they've done all the hard work for me. Granted they might be 2x or even 3x the price, but that's still just a days wage to me.

You can't buy tickets from anywhere other than the official site. All tickets are named along with a picture of ticket bearer on them so no chance of buying off touts etc!

Back
Top Bottom