Global Gathering 2006

Associate
I'm up for this now after colours at the weekend only prob is i cant convince any of my mates to go as they think its too far away. Is there a meet happening ?

Soldato
Well i'm meeting up with a lot of fellows of the 'efestivals' website, and im also meeting up with lots of mates from uni there, im going down with a couple friends from home, probs be there around 10ish-11ish on the Friday.

Oh and that picture really is gurn-tastic.

Suspended
OP
DezUk said:
I'm up for this now after colours at the weekend only prob is i cant convince any of my mates to go as they think its too far away. Is there a meet happening ?

i was gonna go to that but the expenses soon add up. (like my all dayer for a mates 21st yesterday in york, -£80 for me. :(

do you think the global tickets will run out soon or not, if they sell out and i cant get one im gonna be REALLY ****** off

Associate
Well i would definately be up for going, all be it going alone but to be honest i was pretty muchon my own at colours and i still had a banging time :D

Only thing is dunno what to do about a bed for the night, is there any B&Bs near by or how is everyone else doing it ?

Cheers

Soldato
DezUk said:
Well i would definately be up for going, all be it going alone but to be honest i was pretty muchon my own at colours and i still had a banging time :D

Only thing is dunno what to do about a bed for the night, is there any B&Bs near by or how is everyone else doing it ?

Cheers

http://www.event-express.co.uk/

I used this company for getting my coach tickets to creamfields last year and i'll almost certainly use them for getting to GKGG. It's about £50 return from Scotland which sounds a lot but i'm not sure how much your alternatives will be. Anyway the point i was going to make was that i'd sleep on the coach :)

Although i don't usually go to events like these alone i normally spend a lot of time by myself as i'm quite selfish when it comes to which DJs i want to see. People are usually friendly enough so it certainly isn't a problem going alone. Your welcome to tag along with me and whoever else i end up going with but i think rossi was organising a more formal OcUK meetup :)

Associate
To let you understand mate i tend to look like some of the gerners in that pic when i go these events lol

I dunno if you are in the same boat ot not but i wouldnt mind meeting up, thing is if I'm buying a ticket i dunno whtjer to get an all weekend camping ticket as i want to see Tiesto or just stick with a one day Saturday ticket.

Suspended
OP
my and my mate will be going for 2 days and the camping from leeds, either getting a return coach or train (which ever is cheapest) what do we do if we dont go in a car and just take a rooksack? is there anywhere we can put our stuff when there?

we'll be non gurners on the friday night but the saturday in polysexual and accellerated culture we will be :)

Soldato
Personally i'm probably just going for the Saturday, i'd love to see Max Graham on the Friday but an extra £50 is a lot for one DJ. On the Sat i'll almost certainly spend the whole time in the trance tent getting messier and messier :D

And for what it's worth Tiesto really isn't worth the extra hassle to see IMO. He's very inconsistant and usually plays worse at bigger events because he tries to please more people.

Suspended
OP
so do you not think its worth going on friday for tiesto, david guetta, pete tong and groove armada. at love leeds 2020 sound system were quite good too.

plus its the experience of staying over the night n stuff

still undecided though

Soldato
Grrrrr said:
And for what it's worth Tiesto really isn't worth the extra hassle to see IMO. He's very inconsistant and usually plays worse at bigger events because he tries to please more people.

I dont think I would like to see tiesto in this country, I would love him to play sensation white but thats not going to happen, so I might just look for one of his stadium gigs around sweden or holland.

KaHn

Associate
What is parking like at the event as i could drive down on the Friday night and be there for the Saturday, Whatrs it like getting supplies at the gig ?

Soldato
KaHn said:
I dont think I would like to see tiesto in this country, I would love him to play sensation white but thats not going to happen, so I might just look for one of his stadium gigs around sweden or holland.

KaHn

Of the three times i've seen Tiesto he was by far and away the best in Ibiza, in fact i'd say that was one of the best nights of my life!!

Soldato
Grrrrr said:
Of the three times i've seen Tiesto he was by far and away the best in Ibiza, in fact i'd say that was one of the best nights of my life!!

Agreed his set last year for closing Cream @ Amnesia was out of this world!
He played over 4 hours and brought the house down, such an entertainer with it too !!!!

Andy

Soldato
tsinc80697 said:
Oi! No swearing! me sensations looks abit of alrite :o
might have to have a gander next year over there i thinks!

Sensation does a white and black varient depending what you are looking for.

White is more trancy, where as black is hard as hell :D

KaHn

Soldato
thelankymatt said:
Suddenly my ears perk up...?

Sensation black is hard trance and hard style, Djs are always pretty unknown but some years the likes of Yoji Biomehanika play etc.

Its basically the same setup as Sensation white... cept its lighting is dark, and the 40000 people need to be dressed in black instead :)

Soldato
Right time to ask the name of another tune!

That PvD set @ Dance Valley (thanks Krooton) 20 mins
in what is that called, just before Fasle Light (tuuuuuuuuune)

BTW have the full double DVD of davnce valley 2005 bloody amazing
and once again the marco v set made it for me :D

Andy

Back
Top Bottom