Go to place for Web Development

Associate
It's been a few years since I developed any sites for the web and recently I've been getting the itch to get involved again.

Whilst I presume most of the basics are still used these days, I want to find a resource(s) where I can research & learn about everything I've missed and more importantly what people consider to be relevant and the 'in' thing to be using these days.

Does anyone have any sites/forums/reading they can recommend? Cheers!

Associate
OP
Code Academy has some great tutorials for beginners. http://www.codecademy.com/learn

Or if you have some experience http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp

They are both great to get you going.

Thanks that's not really what I'm looking for though.

For instance if I wanted to know something about computer hardware I would check the OCUK forum first as it has plenty of knowledgeable of posts about the latest tech and has plenty of posters with varied perspectives.

I'm now on the hunt for a forum/resource, that offers something like OCUK, but about web development rather than computer hardware.

Associate
There's nothing really out there past searching for and finding people's blog posts about current web development and stuff.

Go on YouTube and search for "the treehouse show". It's a 20 - 30 minute show about current principals, new plugins and frameworks etc. Basically, a news and review show of current, new and popular code.

Caporegime
There is a lot going on at the moment. The rise of the MV* framework for JavaScript like AngularJS, ember, knockout and others is probably the current fad.

Sever side JS with node.js is also rising in popularity too.

Associate
I tend to find some interesting posts/articles by following pages on Google+, for example I follow JavaScript and node.js which can throw up some good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom