Godzilla vs. Kong

Soldato
Most fun I've had with a movie for a long time.

Don't go into it expecting Citizen Kane, go into it expecting a visually spectacular feast with awesome action. The best of the 'Monster Verse' movies by a long shot, much better daylight scenes without as much of the M.B closeup style problems the earlier movies had. The soundtrack is actually pretty good too, as you might expect the human scenes are simply there for the sake of adding a bit of direction to the plot and are pretty forgettable.

As someone that's sick of every big budget action movie involving men in tights I genuinely enjoyed this.

Please tell me I can watch/rent this online as I don't really want to goto the cinema...

It's on HBO MAX if you want to watch from home, but you'll need a VPN unless you're in North America.

Edit: It seems it'll be available on UK streaming services from April 1st.

https://www.radiotimes.com/movies/how-to-watch-godzilla-vs-kong-in-the-uk/

Like several of the other films that have been released during the pandemic, Godzilla vs Kong will be available to rent from a range of VOD services including Amazon Prime Video, Sky Store and iTunes from Thursday 1st April 2021.

Last edited:
Associate
I quite liked the previous Godzilla movie quite a bit, and the child in me was looking forward to this, but my God they turned up the ridiculousness up to 11 with this movie.

I quite liked that, for the most part, the previous movies were somewhat grounded in reality (in as much a movie with giant monsters can be), but they practically turned the whole universe into a straight up futuristic science fiction movie with this one, and there were things that kept taking me out of it, like the completely bizzare Tron-like Hong Kong, and they were moving so stupidly fast in some of the fight scenes, some of the punches or hits, speed-wise, looked like it may as well have been humans, except they're supposed to be 400 foot monsters so it looked so dumb.

Oh, and the constant blue/orange or red/green shots contrasting colour shots were so hamfisted. I'm really surprised at the RT score it has.

Caporegime
It seems the litmus test with these films is - how much of the film has the monsters fighting + how long and boring are the human parts.

Caporegime
It seems the litmus test with these films is - how much of the film has the monsters fighting + how long and boring are the human parts.
the non action parts are usually terrible and so boring with a poor plot though that's why.

it's like they come up with a bunch of fight ideas that just drop a random plot around them.

this one is more fat fetched than interstellar, I'm supervised the earths not flat

nothing is fleshed out

Soldato
the non action parts are usually terrible and so boring with a poor plot though that's why.

it's like they come up with a bunch of fight ideas that just drop a random plot around them.

this one is more fat fetched than interstellar, I'm supervised the earths not flat

nothing is fleshed out
Well you had three films beforehand building up to this, im not sure how much more "fleshed out" you can have a Giant Ape and Lizard fighting each other.

Soldato
not sure anyone would have been.

You'd be surprised, every time a switch-your-brain-off style action flick comes out I see the strangest comparisons on movie related boards.

I once saw someone legitimately try to compare the story of Transformers to Lawrence of Arabia.

Cheers man. £15.99 on iTunes to rent. Annoyingly its 1080p and not 4k for that price. How odd.

Same with Amazon, very strange that it only seems to be available in 1080P in the UK.

Associate
You'd be surprised, every time a switch-your-brain-off style action flick comes out I see the strangest comparisons on movie related boards.

I once saw someone legitimately try to compare the story of Transformers to Lawrence of Arabia.

Same with Amazon, very strange that it only seems to be available in 1080P in the UK.

It is there in UHD. There are two Godzilla vs Kong options on the menu options. One has options for normal and HD, and the other is for UHD.

Caporegime
Well you had three films beforehand building up to this, im not sure how much more "fleshed out" you can have a Giant Ape and Lizard fighting each other.
cmon bruh you can flesh it out as much as you like or want.

it's no different to saying well it's 2 humans fighting what more do you want

the tech in this movie goes insane, sshoulda just threw elon in there with some neural link that helps kong talk
no one would bat an eye lid

Caporegime
There are so many inexplicable things in this movie that i'm wondering if it's on purpose or if they didn't care to explain any of it due to the genre?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom