Golden Balls is ruthless

Permabanned
Joined
13 Nov 2006
Posts
5,798
Anyone see this show with Jasper Carrot. The end bit is TV comedy.

Two contestants have a pot of money to win, they can either.

Both Split = Each gets half
One Splits One Steals = One contestant steals the pot
Both Steal = Both go home with nothing.

One woman just stole £61,000 from the other. What an idiot the loser must look been done for that much. I would have no option but to steal as I couldn't face it happening to me. If there was no tv cameras there would be a brawl lol.
 
Associate
Joined
10 Feb 2006
Posts
1,330
:confused:

Do the Math... you have to steal or get nothing.. probably - i would Steal :p
 
Man of Honour
Joined
17 Nov 2003
Posts
36,729
Location
Southampton, UK
The way I see it you have to steal what ever the circumstances. You can either get all the money or go home with nothing preventing another git from stealing stuff from you.

Burnsy
 
Associate
Joined
10 Feb 2006
Posts
1,330
johnnyfive said:
Both Split = Each gets half
One Splits One Steals = One contestant steals the pot
Both Steal = Both go home with nothing.

One woman just stole £61,000 from the other. What an idiot the loser must look been done for that much. I would have no option but to steal as I couldn't face it happening to me. If there was no tv cameras there would be a brawl lol.


johnnyfive said:
Can you read?

Ahha... CAN YOU ?
 
Permabanned
Joined
13 Nov 2006
Posts
5,798
burnsy2023 said:
The way I see it you have to steal what ever the circumstances. You can either get all the money or go home with nothing preventing another git from stealing stuff from you.

Burnsy

agreed you have to be alpha so you don't get made a fool and hope you have a softie on the other side of the table.
 
Soldato
Joined
24 Oct 2002
Posts
9,544
Location
Manchester City Centre
There is zero point in splitting.

If you steal and they split you win everything.
If you both split then you win half and you'll wish you have of stolen to get everything.
If you split but they steal then you win nothing ergo you should have stolen. Yes you both get nothing but you would have got nothing anyway, at least this way they get nothing too :)

You just have to appear to be very nice and genuine and get htem to split :p
 
Last edited:
Permabanned
Joined
13 Nov 2006
Posts
5,798
TripleT said:
There is zero point in splitting.

If you steal and they split you win everything.
If you both split then you win half.
If you split but they steal then you win nothing ergo you should have stolen. Yes you both get nothing but you would have got nothing anyway, at least this way they get nothing too :)

You just have to appear to be very nice and genuine and get htem to split :p

Yeh but if your too nice the other person will think I can stiff this dude and steal.
 
Associate
Joined
10 Feb 2006
Posts
1,330
burnsy2023 said:
The way I see it you have to steal what ever the circumstances. You can either get all the money or go home with nothing preventing another git from stealing stuff from you.

Burnsy


To stand any reasonable chance of winning, you have to Steal ?
 
Soldato
Joined
8 Mar 2007
Posts
10,938
There is zero point in splitting.

If you steal and they split you win everything.
If you both split then you win half and you'll wish you have of stolen to get everything.
If you split but they steal then you win nothing ergo you should have stolen. Yes you both get nothing but you would have got nothing anyway, at least this way they get nothing too :)

You just have to appear to be very nice and genuine and get htem to split :p

This is game theory you are referring to? On Qi Stephen Fry said the best tactic is to split but the guy who uploaded the following video disagreed and there is a debate about it in the comments...


4:13 is the game similar to the one mentioned in the OP but the whole thing is interesting.
 
Last edited:
Man of Honour
Joined
28 Nov 2007
Posts
12,688
Good god, don't drag us into your dingy afternoon of repeats quiz shows, no doubt washed down with special brew, yesterday's take away and excessive hand relief. Leave golden balls where it belongs, 2007.
 
Top Bottom