Good Case For AIO?

Associate
I currently have a Fractal Torrent which is a nice case. I have a Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 which is a great cooler but I am now doing a lot of flip fluid baking in Blender and the processor (i7-13700K) is starting to thermal throttle.

So apparently the Fractal Torrent isn't great for AIO's? Apparently. The AIO I am getting is a Deepcool Mystique 360.

There are so many cases around does anyone have any recommendations as to what would be a good case to use with the AIO to get most benefit.

Thanks

I thought the same thing but have read so many reviews where the AIO is producing higher temps than the air cooler for some reason.

That review seems to show the thermals with the air cooler rather than the AIO(unless I have missed it)

Yeah done the whole 9 yards. Tried MX-5, 6 and Thermal Grizzly. I have the Thermalright frame. Just can't get temps down. Don't get me wrong I am knocking on the door of 97 degrees so its still within spec for the chip but I can see its thermal throttling in HWInfo so there is room for improvement.

The CPU is limited to Intel spec so 253W. I am wondering whether its a bit too much for the air cooler.

That graph shows the max wattage it could cool was 234W so as I am over that I am guessing its just getting a bit swamped.

Think what I will do is try the AIO and a 130mm exhaust and if there is a problem will look at a new case though can't really see why there would be an issue.

Problem with reading too many reviews, ends up messing with your head.

I am looking at a Deepcool Mystique 360 to replace the air cooler

Edit to above, meant 140mm exhaust

Last edited:
Oh should have said why I was asking about the case. I have only just got it so still in the return period :) So its no big deal if I had to change it

Back
Top Bottom