Good chair for random lower back pain

Associate
Hi guys,

I'm in need of a new chair as my current old busted IKEA one is actually falling apart now.

I do sometimes suffer from lower back pain although I would call it acute not chronic. I've read lots of good things about Steelcase Leap and Herman Miller Aeron and Noble Icon. I 100% can't afford a brand new Steelcase or HM but if I was to procure a second hand one has anybody got any trusted websites to go to?

Thanks for your help

Associate
2nd hand anything carries risk, Google will help you find 2nd hand sellers but my advice is to go visit the trader when they have stock in or have them send you photos of the items they have. I know that may not be convenient but it requires a little work and patience. I got mine from a used-office furniture trader in London, I basically contacted them and asked them to let me know when if they had a certain chair in.

Also don't get too hung up on price £50-100 here or there is nothing if the item you want is in decent condition.

One thing to watch out for is used furniture can look clean and in good condition but if its fundamentally quite old then things will creak and padding/cushioning gets squashed worn etc you can't tell these from a photo.

Associate
2ndhnd.com
quality chairs, refurbished.
Used them a few times and purchased a couple of leap v2's and a humanscale freedom

Worth noting that I'd been watching the site for a couple of months and they'd not had any of the hi-backed version of humanscale freedom in stock so messaged them.

Had a very quick response from them on a number of queries and confirmed that they had one in stock so just ordered - should be receiving within the next week.

Fingers crossed all OK as my 15 year old Ikea chair has seen better days...

Back
Top Bottom