Good dedicated server with cPanel?

Associate
Hi guys, I'm looking for a dedicated server based in the UK, with CPanel, 99% Uptime, Stable, with less than £99

Currently I am using 1&1 but after having almost 100k files with 100GB+ I found out I couldn't do a backup, their webspace explorer is terrible it can't even zip more than 100MB file each time... Now I am pulling my hair off trying to backup for redundancy in the future.

Any solutions you can think of? Would be appreciated! Thank you for helping.

Requirements:
-1TB+-Storage
-8GB RAM+-
-Decent CPU
-Managed server
-Reasonable transfer rate and bandwidth
-Fast

Associate
If it's a dedicated box surely you could install and use SSH or FTP for large-scale backups?
Zipping and downloading through a web interface sounds ridiculous for that number of files.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Browse through offers section of Web Hosting Talk forums for some real world prices.

Don't create 100Gb zips, it's the quickest way to loose a lot of data, either split backups for each directory or compress in multiple archives with rar, then use par to create redundancy set.

As kaku said - rsync via ssh for backups - historically CPanel is more security trouble than the interface is worth.

Soldato
I use digital ocean too. With Forge for management. The sites hosted on there have nightly backups for files and db that go off to an S3 bucket per server. No site has that kind of data in one place. Either the database is on a separate server, the files are on S3, or both.

Back
Top Bottom