Good OSX backup software.

Soldato
Hi.
Can anyone recommend me some good software for OSX that can backup the system to a network share?

I'd ideally like one that will do full system snapshots and supports differential and/or incremental backups.

Its an xmas present for the 'rents with their iBook G4. :p.

Any suggestions?

Commissario
SuperDuper! is better than Carbon Copy Cloner, I've tried both and if you have any Adobe applications you can expect them not to work if you clone the drive with CCC. This is well known and will come up on a google search. I have experience of it myself because I tried CCC before I tried SuperDuper! and it CS3 failed to run.

I bought SuperDuper! and have it running a single daily backup of my boot drive (my home directory is on a separate drive) so if that boot drive fails, I can simply plug the copied one in and all will work.

Soldato
The latest version of SuperDuper! doesn't work on 10.2 according to its system requirements. However, there is a version that works with 10.2 (Jaguar) on the same page. It's the same for Carbon Copy Cloner unless you scroll to the bottom of its website where you can download a version for 10.2 :p

Soldato
OP
Are there any 'off the shelf' packages that are worth looking at?
Its a pressie so something on 'physical media' would look better than a download. lol.
Plus, its quite hard to wrap a download....:p.

Last edited:
Associate
Are there any 'off the shelf' packages that are worth looking at?
Its a pressie so something on 'physical media' would look better than a download. lol.
Plus, its quite hard to wrap a download....:p.
Download it, burn it to CD, and package it up nicely! Best to get the right product even if it you have to make it a bit more present-y.

Back
Top Bottom