Good Quality 9u or 12 Network Cabinet

Associate
I'm looking to mount one in my loft where I will terminate a number of cables to a patch panel and host a pdu and couple of switches.

Not sure if I'll go with a 9u or 12u just yet, but looking for recommendations on a decent quality make which is good for wall hanging and has access from sides and underneath etc

Let me know what you'd recommend, thanks

Soldato
Soldato
I'm looking to mount one in my loft where I will terminate a number of cables to a patch panel and host a pdu and couple of switches.

Not sure if I'll go with a 9u or 12u just yet, but looking for recommendations on a decent quality make which is good for wall hanging and has access from sides and underneath etc

Let me know what you'd recommend, thanks

Something to note is that you need to buy for whatever depth components you’ll be putting in it. Most 24 port switches are 350mm-ish deep, and 48 port PoE switches all seem to be 450-550mm deep and then you need about 40mm beyond that to bend the power cable up/down/sideways. I bought a 500mm and I need to use special 90-degree mains cables on my bigger UniFi switches. If I was buying again, I’d buy a 600mm deep cabinet.

And do bear in mind that the bigger cabinets (12U) can be REALLY heavy when loaded with gear - I have a Synology RS1812 NAS and I have that in a separate 6U cabinet because I just think it’s too much in the main cab.

Back
Top Bottom