‘Good’ Silent PSU?

Soldato
Hey guys,

I’m a after a silent or near silent PSU for my Dad’s machine?

Atm he’s only running a 1200 Duron but in the next month or so he’ll be going 64 bit :D

Being old, he’s obsessed with noise in the case, so the quieter the better please :)

It doesn’t need to be too powerful, I’d imagine anything over 400w would be sufficient? And anything with modular cabling would be a bonus – he likes things tidy :rolleyes:

Thanks,

SW.

Check SPCR fantastic website. :D

The Fortron/Source 300w fanless PSU is supposed to be brilliant. If he's running his system at stock, conscious of sound and doesn't have a power hungry setup it might be a good option. :)

Hope that helps!

Raikiri said:
430w Seasonic, got mine for £40 and it is an excellent PSU. completely silent and comes with some cable management stuff although isnt modular
Hmm. The Seasonic does look good?

Is it completely quiet, I notice there is quite a large fan on the bottom of the unit? Or is it one of those 'ultra' quiet ones?

I'm currently using a Enermax Liberty 500w and that's quiet, but you can still hear it?

I thought the only true silent PSU's would be the ones without a fan at all?

Thanks guys,

SW.

The Enermax Liberty is quiet too, more than acceptable (quiet purr) It's only 200rpm more than the Seasonic, I would say Enermax higher quality lines (Seasonic has dipped) also enermax is modular and has more connectors/SLI GFX cables etc.

If it's for a htpc get the SS, normal desktop/gaming enermax. If htpc is 6'+ away get the enermax.

Back
Top Bottom