Good singleplayer games

Associate
OP
What sort of games do you like?

There's a pretty wide spectrum of genres out there.
Ive recently got back into pc gaming so i was just looking for ideas. I like open worlds just because of the amount of stuff you can normally do in them like sandbox games. But ill try anything. I feel like im out of touch with competitive multiplayer games for now unless its chill ones.

Associate
OP
Some of my absolute favs:
  1. Half Life 2 (and episodes)
  2. Alien Isolation
  3. Batman Arkham Series
  4. Dying Light
  5. Horizon Zero Dawn
  6. Dead Island
  7. Portal 1 & 2
  8. Tomb Raider (new ones)
  9. Cyberpunk
  10. Division 1 & 2 (story is worth it)
Thats a good list. I have played some of them in the past. I was thinking of trying the half life games. Is black mesa worth playing instead of hf1? I heard good things about the remake

Associate
OP
Some of my favourite recent open world style games:

The Witcher 3 - Big open world epic fantasy with tons to explore and do.
Grand Theft Auto 5 - Self explanatory.
Cyberpunk 2077 (despite its flaws, might be worth waiting on a patch though) - Same people that made The Witcher games, flawed but still very enjoyable sci-fi setting.
Assassins Creed Odyssey - Big open world where you get to be a Spartan.
Saints Row 3 Remaster - Very good remaster of an already great game, whackier than GTAV but more fun in my opinion.
Elite Dangerous - Sci-fi where you pilot a space ship and can travel through the galaxy.
Cyberpunk looks fun, i want to try it but i think i should wait until i can get a new graphics card. A lot of new games seem power hungry, plus rtx looks great in that. By the time new cards are available, then it might be patched up.

Associate
OP
Lots of good recommendations in here already. I'll add a few that I've not seen mentioned

• Dragon Age (first is the best, but they're all good imo)
  • Elder scrolls/Fallout
  • Factorio
  • Satisfactory
  • Stardew Valley
  • Borderlands (all of them, though less so the presequel)
Never played borderlands but i thought it was a co op game? Does playing with others make it a better experience if its both sp and coop

Associate
OP
I missed this, I'll quote what I wrote in the ME thread,

The bottom 4 all have co-op, I've played all 4 SP and coop and had fun on each. Co-op can add or detract from the experience. I loved BL2 for example, and played it solo pretty quickly as I was emjoying it.
Edit: I'd generally say all games are better with friends if the option is there
Thanks for that. I might try it in the future after 1-3. If its going for cheap as well then thats even better.

Back
Top Bottom