Good Stereo speakers for PC?

Associate
Looking for a half decent set of speakers for my PC as my cheap numbers are starting to look out of the place with the other stuff I've spent a small fortune on!

Im not bothered about 5.1 or surround or any of that jazz, just a good pair of stereo speakers, possibly 2.1 if anyone knows of something that the sub makes an actual difference given Im not going to be spending a fortune here.

Any thoughts?

Associate
OP
What's your budget?

Tough to answer as I honestly have no clue what something decent even costs as audio has never been something I have paid much attention to over the years unlike GPU/CPU. With that in mind I am no audiophile but something decent would be good. Maybe about 100 quid or there abouts?

Associate
OP
Thanks for the input, yeah I would probably be looking at the kind of things that you have recommended as I would stay away from the "game" stuff and just prefer a decent pair of solid sounding stereo speakers. I had looked at the edifier stuff and was sort of where I was thinking but wasnt sure if they were decent so its good to get some feedback and know I am on the right track :)

Associate
OP
Ended up getting a pair of presonus Eris 4.5s. Was a bit more than my initial £100 budget but not too much and I was going around in circles so just bought something and I can learn from there :)

Associate
OP
OP, how are you finding them? I'm in exactly the same boat. My beloved Monitor Audio WS100's are on the way out and space is at a premium.

Looking at these, the smaller ones or the Wharfedale DS-2.

After some tinkering they are excellent. I bought them without knowing anything about monitors so I was a bit thrown when they sounded weird for certain things like games but great in music.

Some basic tweaking of the high and low knobs on the rear of the speakers and raising them to ear height and they are fantastic. I'm no expert but with some minimal faffing about to suit your own ear they are very good, pretty rounded to me.

I don't have a great deal to compare to so not sure how much my insight will be of use!

Back
Top Bottom